Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering if this bike is going to appeal to a youngster crowd or not .im 35 and I fell in love at first sight , most if not all of my younger friends think it's too hipster looking , and my older friends think it's nice ! Having owned just about every liter bike , and many cruisers in the past I'm hoping for a happy median . Post your age xsr owners !!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
53. Mine turns up later this week. Can't wait.

To me it seems like the nakeds I started riding back in the day before they were called nakeds!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm 40. Been a power cruiser rider for around 10 years and this is my first sporty bike. I held out for what I wanted and Yamaha finally made a bike that checks all my boxes. It looks like a motorcycle, not like a mechanical insect transformer. I wanted light(ish), triple, 750-900cc, dependable, chain drive, standard peg position, no fairings, comfy ergos, plenty of performance, and great looks. So far I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
78 Posts
58 y/o here. My first Yamaha, after going through 3 Hondas, 2 Harleys, 1 BMW, and a Triumph. So far I love the XSR900, but time will tell, since Iv'e only had it a couple of days.

·
Registered
68 Posts
51 in a few months. Seems I'm in pretty good company. Last bike I owned in 93 was an FJ1200. I thought modern bikes couldn't have changed all that much, but the XSR is just so compliant and easy handling compared to bikes of the 80s & 90s, which I thought were so good back then.

·
Registered
103 Posts
34, though there is a chance I'll be 35 by the time my bike is delivered. Glad to see it could be an older crowd bike. I'd like that quote of $58 a year for full insurance to be accurate.

·
Registered
290 Posts
35, riding 13 years, 4th bike. All my bikes have been naked save 1 ninja, which was ok, but wouldn't do again.

To echo the thoughts of others here...what more could you want from a bike?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
33 here. Fifth bike.

I have a difficult time liking most bikes since I like a modern, grunty engine but dislike that most sports/nakeds seem to be designed to appeal to 7 year old boys what with all the daft shaped, brightly coloured plastic. The XSR900 fits the bill for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
30 years old here. Had a 600rr for about 5 years and then a five year break from riding. Glad to be back riding and the XSR is just as much FUN as the 600rr was!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
42. Previous bike was a YZF600R. Getting back into motorcycling after 15 years. Several years of dirt bike experience as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Will be 45 in June. My first Street bike was a Yamaha Seca 2 in '93. Owned several in between including ninjas to old school Hondas. I currently have minitrail 50s and 70s and now the XSR. It's a great keeper bike.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts