Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just picked up my Blazing Orange this morning. $9200 OTD. The 35 mile ride home felt good. Unfortunately when I called to get Insurance the DMV has my record screwed up so my quote for full coverage was doubled. So no riding until I can go down to the DMV on Monday to get my record corrected. I still have the bike in my garage so I'm happy. Let the mods begin...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats on the Sweet Beast!!! Welcome to the Club. You are going to love it!!!! Hope you get the DMV stuff sorted out soon. :)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome! What mods are on the short list?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Graves full exhaust, PCV, tune, Fender eliminator kit to start.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Grew up in Pleasanton and my folks live in Livermore....maybe I'll see you around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my YZF R6 stolen the other week and ended up getting the fz-09. I could not be happier. This really is a great bike and after 3 coats of polish to help protect the burnt orange paint, it looked even better. I have already changed the front indicators and have a fender illuminator coming in with new rear indicators too. Honestly I don't think I need any more power by changing the exhaust, hard enough keeping the front wheel down lol. I am ordering panniers and debating a fly screen, I do like the front as it is. Good thing about the off centre dash, my phone/nav sits nicely on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!!! 8|

Reactions: Davinci

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you get those front indicators? Now what to do about the rear ones. Sheesh ya think they could pick some bigger ones? Looks like they picked through the 70's bin to get those monstrosities.
Hi Patrik. I got them from a bike shop here called Peter Stephens. They were A$59.95 and came with resistors so the flash normal speed. They are very bright. I hate how they put so much effort into the look of the bikes then throw any crap stock indicators on them. The rest of the bike is digital with LED tail lights then.....bulb indicators. But I guess they have to be safe for all countries they ship to.

I have a vendor eliminator coming in and some Super bright LEDs in a strip to put either side of the tail light but if that is not bright enough I will put the same ones on he back.

Yamaha Burnt Orange MT-09 (FZ-09)
FV400f, GV250, YZF R6.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday I ordered the Graves full exhaust with PCV and Autotune. I just received an e-mail from Motomummy that they won't have the exhaust until next week.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cleared things up with DMV yesterday and got some Insurance. I almost died laughing at Geico's $4000 dollar a year price for full coverage. I had my 98' CBR900RR Insured with them for 9 yrs. I only had liability and was paying $100 yr. Little did I know. Had my first ride to work and back today and what a great feeling to be back on a motorcycle. It's been 4 yrs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Cleared things up with DMV yesterday and got some Insurance. I almost died laughing at Geico's $4000 dollar a year price for full coverage. I had my 98' CBR900RR Insured with them for 9 yrs. I only had liability and was paying $100 yr. Little did I know. Had my first ride to work and back today and what a great feeling to be back on a motorcycle. It's been 4 yrs.
When I got a quote from Geico for full coverage, they said something ridiculous like $350/month. Found a company through an insurance broker that got me full coverage for $36/month. Get with the program Geico!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did my first oil change today at 109 miles. Quite a few metal shavings in the oil. That's why I didn't wait longer. I'll do the next oil change at 500-600 and then at 1500 I will go to full synthetic.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installed my new Strada7Racing shorty levers yesterday. Got them in black and they are nice quality. I didn't want to go with Ebay specials made in China.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Check out Dairyland Insurance - https://www.dairylandinsurance.com/ They always gave me a good rate. I also had Safeco for a while too.
I told my Insurance Agent I had the Rapid Red.....and he said I'd be getting the Best Rate because his company recognizes the Rapid Red as the Best & Fastest FZ-09. No wonder they're AAA Rated.:cool:

Sweeeeeet:cool:

·
Registered
429 Posts
same. Dairyland was ~350/yr for full coverage. Geico was 3800, Riders was 800+, Progressive was ~2000. insane.

Reactions: Horsman
1 - 20 of 28 Posts