Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about eventually getting an FZ-09 (or maybe even an FZ-07) eventually, so I'm here to research about the bike and learn about pricing and parts availability.

Already know about the bike's positives and negatives. Just looking to see what can be done to remedy the suspension and fueling issues to see if they're deal-killers or not.

I currently ride a Kawasaki ZX-6R and a CBR1000RR before that. Love my current bike but the ergonomics are killing me and my bad hip.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Thinking about eventually getting an FZ-09 (or maybe even an FZ-07) eventually, so I'm here to research about the bike and learn about pricing and parts availability.

Already know about the bike's positives and negatives. Just looking to see what can be done to remedy the suspension and fueling issues to see if they're deal-killers or not.

I currently ride a Kawasaki ZX-6R and a CBR1000RR before that. Love my current bike but the ergonomics are killing me and my bad hip.
Well fancy meeting you here! =P I think I can help you out, lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I came from a 600RR and switched to the FZ-09 for similar reasons as you... better riding ergos, got tired of getting beat up on long rides with a supersport. The only things I really miss about having a supersport is the suspension, higher redline, and longer gears. I do feel that I have to shift more often with the FZ, but it's really not a big deal, just a change in riding style. The suspension is my only gripe and something I plan to address one day. I feel that with a proper suspension, the bike will fit your needs very well. As much as I loved my RR, I do not miss it one bit compared to the FZ-09 and feel that I now have the best of both worlds: strong performance and great riding position.

Reactions: Horsman and drbyers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suspension, depends on how you ride, and what you weigh.

I'm content with the stock suspension, adjusted heavily however.
I weight 175 lbs. I rode my friend's SV650S and it feels like a pogo stick the front end is so underdamped. Fun but bouncy.

I'd be nervous riding his bike hard into corners. SV owners often take Suzuki GSXR front ends and bolt them onto the front to fix the bounciness. I'm guessing the FZ-09 front end would be even more bouncy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just for comparison and to add to my suspension remarks... I'm a bigger guy at 5'10" 230lbs in gear, I need a stiffer suspension more than you would. For what it's worth though, it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the bike hard in the corners, you just need to be smoother about your inputs and be mindful of the fact that it's a bit softer.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I also switched over from a 600RR to the FZ09 for the more upright riding position. I knew going in that I would have to upgrade the suspension, both front and rear, and I did. I can honestly say, the FZ is the most fun bike I've ever owned. I've also had the seat reworked for all day comfort and I've added stainless brake lines. The bike now handles like a completely different bike and I'm well pleased with it.

Reactions: FurY
1 - 10 of 10 Posts