Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really impressed with Seat Concepts and my local upholstery shop. The stock seat was like sitting on a piece of wood! This is a complete 180 and can't wait to try it out. Just sitting on it for a few minutes my butt felt immediately happy lol.

I should feel way more secure under hard acceleration because of the "gripper" material used on the seat and an actual ridge to hold my rear in place. The foam quality is excellent and there is WAY more padding to make longer rides more tolerable.

STOKED

and heres some before / after pictures so you can see the difference

https://imgur.com/x31NoHe

https://imgur.com/HJ9ciAR

https://imgur.com/NK1Szyl

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the GP version and not the 2 up. I don’t think with the foam cowl it was designed for that. The shop charged me $60. They did an amazing job. I work at a dealership and have done upholstery work and could have done it myself but didn’t feel like messing with it lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
What did your upholstery shop charge to put it together?
Labor rates will vary, but those Seat Concepts kits take ~30min to install if you know what you're doing, 1 hour if you're going slow. The labor should cost less than it will cost to buy a decent air stapler and a can of 3M spray adhesive if you don't own them already.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just as an update guys went for my first ride with the new seat! It's simply amazing and is 100% better than stock. For the price I really don't think you can beat it. I feel way more confident on harder accelerations because I feel more locked in. The gripper material is fantastic as well. It's perfect for all day cruising. If I was tracking the bike or doing lots of
turns and stuff I might opt for the non gripper material as it would allow you to slide around more

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a shop quote me more than the entire cost of the kit to do it.

Kinda why I ask what he was charged.

Having a hard time finding a shop around here that would do it for me for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On Seat Concepts website it says you can send in your seat pan, and they will install the kit for $25.00.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
nice seat, I have the stock style seat concepts full carbon, simply awesome compared to oem. you have a good size gap between the seat and plastics, could flatten the seat lock mount a bit to close the gap or paint the top side of the plastics black to mask the gap...

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
If you can’t get an inexpensive installer in your area, either have seat concepts do it or do it yourself. Did my own and it was very straightforward. Preheat the new upholstery in your clothes dryer to help it stretch as you shape it. They suggest you lay it out in the sun to preheat, but the dryer is perfect. All you need is a can of the 3M spray adhesive and a decent hand stapler with the right sized staples. The adhesive attaches the foam to the seat pan. Do not use it between the foam and upholstery. Seat Concepts includes a sheet of plastic to go between the upholstery and foam for rainproofing. By all means, use that (without adhesive). If you don’t, one good soaking in the rain or during a wash will have you riding with a wet rear end. If you need to modify the cushion thickness or material type, just pull out the staples and start over. I was intimidated at first when I did mine, but it’s really easy to do.

Highly recommended product.

·
Registered
585 Posts
nice seat, I have the stock style seat concepts full carbon, simply awesome compared to oem. you have a good size gap between the seat and plastics, could flatten the seat lock mount a bit to close the gap or paint the top side of the plastics black to mask the gap...
Could you post pics of the gap you're referring to? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Thruster,

What software are you using to edit the picture with the red rectangle and arrow?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Thruster,

What software are you using to edit the picture with the red rectangle and arrow?
windows paint...nothing special, then used the snipping tool app to crop the photo down to size of exactly what I want instead of the entire picture. I also use paint to resize pictures in order to post them here on the forum since things haven't been the same as original format. when doing so, I resize to 50% and then look at the bottom of the picture where it states the dimensions of the picture and how many bytes they are before saving. resize again if needed to meet the requirements of the file size to actually post a picture on the forum rather than the link to the jpeg image or whatever format it is.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Your last attachment came up invalid.

I’m using a Mac iPad. Kind of a double whammy. I need to use a paint program on our desktop Mac to copy and paste. The iPad is a touchscreen only, so I can’t select on the screen by dragging a corner to corner border. Touching and dragging just moves or resizes the screen. I have a resizer now that works on the iPad. I just set the larger of the x,y dimensions at 600 and it comes in under the max size limit for posting the full image vs attachment. I’ll have to play with the paint program on our desktop to do what you’re doing. I like Macs, but some Windows things are hard to give up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts