Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think I'm about to go on "life support" waiting on this bike!!;) Welcome Freelance991!!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
congrats on the bike...I'm jealous. The only thing getting me through this weekend is that I'm at Barber Motorsports track doing a track day Sat and Sun.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I see the secret. Get a job at a dealership. You guys are getting first dibs. It looks sweet. I see you're already adding the tank accent. The accessory list is still pretty short for the FZ-09, but that will change.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Pics, as requested... I work at the Yamaha dealer in Reno, NV so i was able to buy it the day it hit our showroom. One look at that bike and it was done, i had to have it...
How tall are you? 6'2"?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Congratulations!

Q: Your tank looks glossy gray, does the tank have a blue tint like I see in the other pictures?
Seriously. There are three color choices. Pictures can be affected by lighting. Also, you asked in another post if the bike had a jerky throttle condition. Every single review and test states that it does, would one bike mysteriously not have the condition? Testers are spoiled by spot on fuel injection these days. My 2002 Honda CBR954RR has the same issue, I learned proper throttle control. I am curious, how old are you Eolith, just wondering.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Since I believe in the grace of Christ, Doug, I'll assume you didn't intend that to be as condescending as it sounded. Instead, I'll answer the questions as if they were asked in altruism and with all respect.

Pictures can be affected by many things, the lighting, the paint quality and layering, the camera, the monitor displaying it, and the eyeballs viewing it. The tank color is a point of interest to me, so I ask for the owner's opinion (which cuts out nearly all those obstacles) as I don't have an FZ09 available to look at.

Throttle jerkiness could have been on pre-production units for the press reviews, and mapping is just software, so it could easily be changed prior to shipping. Further, guys that ride tons of bikes (like reviewers) may have a whole different perspective than the every-day owner, so once again, I ask their opinion. It's simply information gathering. As we all know, great decisions need great information.

As for my age, I am 38. Since I assume you ask the question because you think I am young, inexperienced, not a great critical thinker, and to put it gently, not-so-wise, I'll say this: I am completely new to the world of motorcycles, and am therefore quite inexpereinced. Young, some would call 38 (tomorrow, btw :p ) young, but I'll leave that up to you. As for critical thinking, the best I can do to assuage your fear is offer that I have 700 combat hours in the various USAF C-17A airframes (combat mobility, medium threat environment capable), nearly 2000 flight hours over an 8 year career with all my 6 years of operational flight time in support of OEF and OIF. I'll say that flying a C-17 globally, and in combat zones, requires at least some ability to think well. That career also taught me, as Bob said, to not take information as truth in it's first presentation when I have the option of investigation. Now, as for wisdom, I am utterly foolish in comparison to God, but I am less foolish than my 13 year old daughter. Barely. Definitely less foolish than my 7 year old son. Mostly.

I hope you feel better about my questions, now!

Ok, back to the thread.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Congratulations!

Q: Your tank looks glossy gray, does the tank have a blue tint like I see in the other pictures?
Hey eolith, I don't notice any blue tint in the tank. Where did ya see it?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts