Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike is amazing. Corners so well and I have no problems with the stock suspension but I'm also not extremely picky. The way it eats up twisties is addicting. Lovin' this bike and if you're contemplating buying one, just do it... You won't be sorry.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fizzer, what settings did you use and what do you think your riding weight is? I'm about 180 and have front and rear preload full on with front rebound off 1/4 and rear rebound off 1 turn. I feel the stock suspension is sufficient for now. Having a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice!! did you go all the way up to summerhaven? I just picked up my 09 this weekend.. I haven't taken it up the mountain yet.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!! did you go all the way up to summerhaven? I just picked up my 09 this weekend.. I haven't taken it up the mountain yet.
Yep all the way up! Are you in Tucson? If so, when are we riding?

·
Registered
60 Posts
This bike is amazing. Corners so well and I have no problems with the stock suspension but I'm also not extremely picky. The way it eats up twisties is addicting. Lovin' this bike and if you're contemplating buying one, just do it... You won't be sorry.
I did smile when I was reading this! I love how the bike is set up and YES it eats up the twisties, not to mention the torque is addicting!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep! I pretty much set it in 4th gear and forgot it.

ron-popeil-rotisserie-oven.jpg

Reactions: Willowbilly

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol^ yea, I'm about 185 geared up

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mt Lemmon is my favorite road in town (obviously)! I like to get up there and even out the tire wear, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another Tucson rider! Nice... Let's go for a ride!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to see a couple Tucson riders here, we will definitely have to go for a ride.
Agreed. I'm usually down to ride any night. Just PM me and we'll make it happen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We will have to all ride up there one of these days. I can likely do most evenings as well, though mornings are nice since there's a LOT less traffic up there, unless you count the pedal geeks. Those guys are everywhere!

I'm about 165 all geared up and I'm not impressed with the suspension. I ordered the Penske through Stoltec so in a few weeks you guys may have a chance to see what a proper shock feels like, though it'll probably be a bit undersprung for you if you're much heavier than me. I take issue with the forks as well, but in all honesty I haven't touched them. I don't think any amount of adjusting will make them right though. I'm saving my pennies for a cartridge replacement through Stoltec now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts