Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
There are two screws on both sides behind the lights they attach to some electronic device below and behind the light.
I have been through EVERY page of the owners Manuel nothing mentions the two screws and what they might do
They turn like they are supposed to adjust something but I see nothing happening
screw2.jpg screw3.jpg

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Windshield adjustor? They adjust for height or not?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think these are the adjusters for the LED headlights- if they dont adjust the windshied (I thought their levers were just behind the windshield) - I read that they could be easily adjusted without tools so maybe...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Windshield is two knobs as well but that's not them...if you look at knobs in question you will see another above in the pic those are for the windshield.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ok I found out what it is.... I does indeed adjust the headlights up & down ..... Thanks :)
My 1988 Venture had headlight adjustment from the saddle. It makes sense with a touring bike since the headlight aim can change drastically with or without a passenger.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Didn't you get a manual ???

·
Registered
730 Posts
My 90 FJ12 has an HL adjuster, just makes sense on an ST..... FJs have had them since 86. Maybe 84...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts