Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone here. Just bought my red FZ-09 today and absolutely love the bike. I am a US Marine stationed in NC and bought the bike as a welcome back from Afghanistan/Christmas/Missed last two birthdays present to myself. I will be moving shortly to the west coast San Diego, CA.

I should be asleep right now but I have been exploring the forum looking for new ideas and mods to do to my new FZ-09. I also own an 07 Honda CBR 600RR and a Yamaha YZF-450.

But hey I look forward to learning from everyone here.

-Jones

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome jones, thank you very much for your service and merry christmas to u. U got one heck of a christmas present. You will find many mods and ideas on this forum, its a good group of people always willing to help out

·
Registered
877 Posts
Post up when you get to San Diego and we can give you the 25 cent tour of Palomar.

Till then, keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Christmas present. So your moving to California just to extend your riding season. Smart man.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
As stated earlier, welcome to the forum Jones, and especially "thank you" for your service! I too have a FZ09 and a '07 600RR combination. It's a pretty awesome combo. The FZ is for the street and the RR is a dedicated track bike. Anyway, welcome, look around, ask questions, do searches for answers.....just make yourself at home.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Welcome home. We are glad to have you back. First bike in a long time that makes me hoot and holler inside my helmet. You are gong to love it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Twas 6 Nights Before Christmas

When the delivery man,
Clattered down my drive to fulfill my plan,

My tree isn't decorated, my shopping is undone,
But the FZ-09 has arrived, a shiny red one,

I'll take care of the wife, and the kids' will get their stuff,
but right now I'm wondering if the gas tank is full enough,

Stabilizer in the tank, the battery gets a tender,
No time to put the eggnog in the blender,

Christmas cards may be late this year,
But the new Yamaha gives the season its cheer,

Wanted this bike since the weather was warm,
Can I ride it in the snow on Christmas morn?

Bad poem; but finally got the bike!
Happy holidays

·
Registered
883 Posts
From a former Marine, thank you for your service. From a fellow FZ-09 rider, congratulations on your choice of new motorcycle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As stated earlier, welcome to the forum Jones, and especially "thank you" for your service! I too have a FZ09 and a '07 600RR combination. It's a pretty awesome combo. The FZ is for the street and the RR is a dedicated track bike. Anyway, welcome, look around, ask questions, do searches for answers.....just make yourself at home.
The 07 CBR was my 3rd bike I have owned and I was the first owner of it. I love that bike too. I am actually thinking about converting it back to a track bike. Used to do track days through NESBA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts