Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Went into the dealer to look at a CRF250L a few weeks ago when a gray/blue FZ-09 caught my eye. I really liked the looks of it, so I threw a leg over and really liked the seating position as well.

Researched the bike as much as I could online and then went back a couple more times to compare the FZ to other bikes I am more familiar with. To make a long story longer, I picked her up last night. Have only been able to ride twice, so only a whopping 21 miles on the bike, but what a fun machine. I've had five Honda supersports previously, so first Yamaha motorcycle and first naked/hooligan bike.

Love the bike so far...like a 100HP dirt-bike. Hope to see you guys/gals out on the road!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Heck ya, that was my first impression also. Love the "dirt bike" stance. As another would say……Welcome to the Machine!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ahhhh another dirt dog suckered in ( guilty ). Welcome to the community.

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome and congrats

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Welcome. Yeah it feels like a dirt bike, but with a power to weight ratio of a 600cc Supersport!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! This bike is so much more relaxed and fun than a supersport...should have picked one up sooner!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know you will love your new bike. I might take a ride down to the Pensacola area this summer. We will have to meet up for a ride. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum & to the world of the FZ-09!

I also came from the dirt bike world (MX). Currently have 35 miles on mine with one ride home from the dealer. ABSOLUTELY love the seating position! Heck it even has protaper style bars!

Some things i dont like. 6th gear whine, grips and no helmet latch.

Keep it between the white lines!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! This bike is so much more relaxed and fun than a supersport...should have picked one up sooner!

I have to agree. My wife's Gixxer 750 is fun but comfortable it ain't .....I love the riding position of the FZ.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for the welcome, folks! Any motorcycle that can make me giggle like a school-girl is worth every penny. Makes even tooling around town fun...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm like you Danziger. I raced MX, had a ZX-636, and WOW wish I knew what I was missing out on sooner. This bike gives you the best of both worlds. Tons of motor to rip your face off like a super-sport while also being nimble and comfortable like a motocross bike. Doesn't get any better than this. This truly is street bike euphoria. Glad the gates opened up for you as well! :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
The ergos and weight are what drew to the FZ. After 13k, I'm still happy with it and have no regrets. Welcome and congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rode again today. Made the trip to the post office thoroughly enjoyable. I'm really enjoying the relaxed, playful vibe exuded by this bike. Yamaha really did a good job on the ergos and engine.

I do see why the suspension and throttle get some bad press, but neither of these shortcomings should be a deal-breaker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts