Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered and installed the whole slider kit from OES Accessories - front and rear frame sliders, front axle slider, rear spool sliders, waiting on my Motovation rear axle slider
IMG_0250.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
600 mile service - check
Race Tech fork springs and gold valves installed - check
Ohlins rear shock - back ordered until mid-February :(
IMG_0422.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Looking good there man! Keep up the updates please! Love the yellow!

·
Registered
216 Posts
600 mile service - check
Race Tech fork springs and gold valves installed - check
Ohlins rear shock - back ordered until mid-February :(
View attachment 12907
Jug
How is the Race Tech upgrade working for you? I've got my valves installed, but I still need to install my springs. If you don't mind telling, what weight are you suited up and which springs and oil weight are you using?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jug
How is the Race Tech upgrade working for you? I've got my valves installed, but I still need to install my springs. If you don't mind telling, what weight are you suited up and which springs and oil weight are you using?
The forks are working so much better now. Bike is staying on line now even through imperfections on the road. No more pogo-ing. Brake dive is much less and slower. I am 210 lbs with no gear. Springs are 95 kg/ mm and I believe the oil weight used was 5 w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
The forks are working so much better now. Bike is staying on line now even through imperfections on the road. No more pogo-ing. Brake dive is much less and slower. I am 210 lbs with no gear. Springs are 95 kg/ mm and I believe the oil weight used was 5 w

Thank you very much sir!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Build update: Per my suspension post - IMG_0422.jpg - is out and - IMG_0497.jpg IMG_0498.jpg - is in

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
juggernet: What made you change from the race tech to the ohlins 30mm kit?
I have another post in this forum "fork noise after race tech installation" that explains everything. In summary, the Race Tech forks springs were making noise when the forks were compressed and the Race Tech Center could not get rid of the noise so I opted for the Ohlins fork catridges instead. Noise problem resolved.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts