Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
2015 FZ-09
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on everybody! Figured I would say hello from the always sunny San Luis Obispo, CA! I'm relatively new to the street world; I come from a long desert racing career in Southern California. Quickly fell in love with the torquey FZ-09! I just purchased a 2015 from the original owner here in town, after searching for what felt like forever!

I have already poured hours of research into this thing and subsequently purchased way too many upgrades already (the money pit begins). I hope to get everything installed next weekend to make the bike the way it should have been from the factory! Am I missing any crucial upgrades here??? More to come I'm sure.

Performance:
1) Ohlins STX 46 (YA 335) Rear Shock
2) Ohlins NIX30 Front Fork Cartridges
3) DynoJet Power Vision 3
4) DynoJet Quick Shifter (why not)
5) Yoshimura R-77 Full Exhaust (Carbon)

Aesthetics:
6) Shad Seat (this came on the bike)
7) Puig Windscreen (came on the bike)
8) Headlight (LED H4 bulb from Custom LED)
9) TST Mech-GTR Front Blinkers
10) Custom LED Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light
11) Rizoma Spy-R Bar End Mirrors
12) TechSpec Gripster Tank Pads
13) Nelson Rigg Commuter Tail Bag

I look forward to interacting with everyone! Tons of great information on this forum!

Registered
2016 xsr 900
Performance:
1) Ohlins STX 46 (YA 335) Rear Shock
2) Ohlins NIX30 Front Fork Cartridges
3) DynoJet Power Vision 3
4) DynoJet Quick Shifter (why not)

5) Yoshimura R-77 Full Exhaust (Carbon)

Aesthetics:
6) Shad Seat (this came on the bike)
7) Puig Windscreen (came on the bike)
8) Headlight (LED H4 bulb from Custom LED)
9) TST Mech-GTR Front Blinkers
10) Custom LED Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light
11) Rizoma Spy-R Bar End Mirrors
12) TechSpec Gripster Tank Pads
13) Nelson Rigg Commuter Tail Bag
Welcome to the club!

As for your list of mods:
I'd go with a flash from Vcyclenut over the dynojet, unless you're really into doing the engine tuning yourself and planning to do more than the standard bolt-on mods. He can sell you a package deal that includes a Quck shifter too.

Premium Member
2015 FZ-09
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the club!

I'd go with a flash from Vcyclenut over the dynojet, unless you're really into doing the engine tuning yourself and planning to do more than the standard bolt-on mods. He can sell you a package deal that includes a Quck shifter too.
That's good to know - I'm not planning on touching the engine much besides exhaust and tuning. Do I have to send in the ECU for a flash with Vcyclenut?

Registered
2016 xsr 900
Yes, you have to send the ecu but he's got really fast turn around, and I believe he also offers an 'exchange' service for an additional cost if you can't be down for a few days. Check out his site and give him a call - top notch customer service.

Premium Member
2015 FZ-09
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you have to send the ecu but he's got really fast turn around, and I believe he also offers an 'exchange' service for an additional cost if you can't be down for a few days. Check out his site and give him a call - top notch customer service.
I'll give him a call today, thanks for the information! Looks to be a bit more $$ at $750, but if it's worth it it's worth it!

Super Moderator
Welcome to our little enclave. It certainly sounds like you are well on your way to a long and satisfying relationship with your new'ish motorbike. By all means send us some pics of your favorite places to ride. Enjoy and keep safe.

Registered
Batmobile
Welcome to the club!

Second this, probably the best thing you can do. Not just for the fueling and QOL upgrades, but the lower fan on temp will really help in that Cali heat. It might take a few days for him to get back to you, he's making a move to the Pacific Northwest as we speak. Actually, you might be able to ride up and get on his dyno, I know he has it out there already.

Premium Member
2015 FZ-09
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going to plan a ride up there to see Vcyclenut.

I got most of the modifications done, still waiting on the rear shock and frame sliders. Looking and feeling a lot better though! I had no idea how loud the Yoshimura truly is... debating putting the DB killer back in! CHP around here stare me down regularly now 馃ぃ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.