Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I originally had a deposit on a FZ-07 but after chatting with my buddy who owns a yammy dealer and knows my riding history he convinced me I should pull the trigger on the FZ-09. I'm in the military, when I get back to my current unit I'll be turning around and moving to VA, with the PCS I decided picking up a new bike would be best in VA instead of driving 100 miles here to try and get the bike before I leave (it takes about a week for me to pick up a bike after purchase here in MA) and deal with moving it when I already have a HD Road King I'm moving. So I called a dealer at my new station and made a deposit on the 07 and they agreed to hold the bike till the end of April. Few days later I was on the phone with them negotiating on changing it to the FZ-09. So yeah, I have the Cadmium Yellow FZ-09 on hold waiting for me to get there to pick her up. It was a long negotiation cause the dealer didn't want to but his only yellow on hold that long, I told him I had the special edition 08 R6 in cadmium yellow with the ghost flames and that the yellow really appealed to me out of sentiment. He finally caved after that and we shared a few more riding stories haha. Can't wait to get my hands on it! I've been riding for 13 years including 4 years of racing with WERA. I was a control rider etc. I love motorcycles regardless of type. I've owned a lot of bikes over the years, mostly Yamahas. First street bike was a 2000 Suzuki TL1000R, had 3 R6s, an R1, my Harley, a Stryker and an 1100 Custom. Also had a couple ZX6Rs. Now the FZ-09 will be in the stable. First naked sport bike and first triple.
Here's my Harley

And in about a month I'll finally have a picture of my FZ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Future congratulations to you and welcome to the site. I see this was your tenth post, so you've already been contributing. Good to have you with us. With your riding experience, we should all benefit from your future posts.

Make sure you check out the big recall thread to see where your vin number falls. Hopefully it misses you.

Cheers and thank you for your service!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Future congratulations to you and welcome to the site. I see this was your tenth post, so you've already been contributing. Good to have you with us. With your riding experience, we should all benefit from your future posts.

Make sure you check out the big recall thread to see where your vin number falls. Hopefully it misses you.

Cheers and thank you for your service!
Thanks! Yeah I've been following that thread closely, was considering doing it myself but I don't think they will let me take it without them having done it. Still waiting for Kevin my salesman to send me the paperwork so no vin yet to compare.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the future FZ. I have no WERA racing experience, but my wife and I are both Instructors with Sportbike Track Time in the Southern Region.....going on our 5th year Instructing with them and I've been riding since 1971.......yea, I'm an old fart! :cool:

Reactions: Dalex

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the future FZ. I have no WERA racing experience, but my wife and I are both Instructors with Sportbike Track Time in the Southern Region.....going on our 5th year Instructing with them and I've been riding since 1971.......yea, I'm an old fart! :cool:
Nice, wish my wife shared the same passion for riding I do! My old man raced motorcross for years in the 60s and 70s He bought the very first Yamaha 4 stroke after they showed up at his track and they were destroying the 2 strokes. He would go to track events with me for a while before his age and a few crashes finally caught up to him.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome. Shoot us a Pic when she's yours. Good to have you here -- The first three months are probationary so try to make your contributions meaningful & worthwhile....photo's are always a + :cool:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to The Machine, troop!
Let us know when the beast arrives.
You're gonna love this bike!

Reactions: ryderjay

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the community! The FZ is my first naked bike and triple too, but I'm in love with the look and the engine. I look forward to seeing your machine when you get it!

Reactions: ryderjay

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I have the Moto a Dynamic taillight, Puig touring screen, fender eliminator kit, spools, led headlight upgrade, and Watson turn signals and led flasher relay either in hand or in order. Pretty much just waiting on the turn signals. Probably add a yellow pinstripe on the wheels and call it good for a while. Eventually I'll do an exhaust upgrade. Getting closer and closer to taking delivery of my FZ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts