Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
For as much as you hate letting the SV go, the FZ will easily let you forget it. The triple is intoxicating! And, the aftermarket is at least as good (maybe better?) for the FZ.

Let the modding begin!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Welcome! It's a blast!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome to the club, I see you have Buell clubmans...
Correct. I’m not sure how I feel about them yet. I sat on a different FZ at a dealership and liked the stock bars and how straight up I was.

When I went to see this bike and saw the bars I thought, hell no. Then I rode it and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I’ll at least keep them this season and see how I feel next year.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I also had the Buell clubmans on mine 'til the carpal tunnel in my right hand/arm had other plans...have the pro taper carmaicheals currently after having a total of six different ones mounted over the past four years, lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also had the Buell clubmans on mine 'til the carpal tunnel in my right hand/arm had other plans...have the pro taper carmaicheals currently after having a total of six different ones mounted over the past four years, lol
How do you like the carmicheals? I just ordered the EVO carmicheals and plan to install them friday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No carpal tunnel, but I have golfer’s elbow in both arms which causes some discomfort when leaning forward and putting weight on my arms. So I’ll have to see how I do with the current bars.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Exact same bike here. Just about to hit 32k miles and it's been great for me. Welcome to the club.

For the others... I'm a fan of my carmichael bars. Helped me brace against the wind more than i expected. I don't feel like the wind is as brutal with the bit further forward of a lean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts