Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pretty pumped up, after lurking and doing the usual research, I picked up my rapid red today! Last bike this fast and wheelie prone was my 07.5 Tuono, but I think this thing is just as fast, if not faster and is more flick able.

Still cold here in the ATL, so will be a bit before I can really push it and then decide if I am going with Ohlins or the Traxxion dynamics kit.

Let the farkles begin!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome aboard. I would have taken any color but there was only Graphite. I'm with Niner, red looks really good. You will like the way the black tank grippers look on the tank. And yes, suspension mods are a good idea if you weigh over 170 pounds in gear. I'm installing the Penske 8983 today.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Welcome ride safe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Definitely going to need a susp upgrade at 210 with gear. Look like a circus bear riding around on a minibike, but I don't care its such a blast. That being said, it wasn't too bad on the way home (had the dealer crank up the preload), and did not feel the reported snatchiness. You just need to have finesse on the throttle and it's all good.

PS - when I showed up today they had all 3 colors - sent me into a panic as to which I should get. Already had blurple wheels with the Tuono, and orange was a little too orange for me (although it did have bridgestones instead of dunlops - must have been a euro unit). Decided to try something new and digging the red.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the club, I'll send you a PM on where to send in your dues. :p

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome. I'm also on a red bike. Gotta love it. If you haven't seen it in direct sunlight, it looks even better when the metal flake lights up! Also I gotta say the dunlops are fine, not great but fine. I'm at 2400 miles and haven't had a problem. I'm running 30# in the front 32# rear. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congats, I do like the tank stripes on the red/orange bikes - makes them stand out a bit for sure. Not sure how your Aprilia treated you but coming from an RSV4 myself I am looking forward to riding a hassle free Japanese bike again, my Aprilia was plagued with issues.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome bigweb to the best damn FZ forum on the planet!.....and congrats on the new Rapid Red FZ. That's what I bought also, and I'm just a little ways north of you in Maryville, TN (south of Knoxville about 30 miles) Which dealership did you buy from down there?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all. I bought from Atlanta Motor World, been buying from them for a long time - helped me keep my Tuono tip top before I sold it. TripleThreat - I will be hitting the dragon this spring for sure (a few hours from north ATL). We should plan a FZ09 day at the dragon, would love to see all the mods so far before I tweak away.

Again I think the red looks the amazing in person, not so much in all the pictures I've seen. Even the marketing team at yamaha did not get the color right on the web site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts