Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
Just ordered some stuff so will update this page when things get installed.

I first introduced myself about a month ago as someone considering an FZ-09. Long time rider, modder and Yamaha junkie. Last Saturday I picked up a 2015 in matte gray. There's no info out at the local CA dealerships yet and they even had to charge me 2014 prices :) so I'm calling 'first 2015 build' :happy3:

The day we met :p Picking it up at the dealership:

Here's what I just ordered on 10/2/2014 (hope it all fits the 2015):
M4 Yamaha FZ-09 Carbon Fiber Slip On Exhaust
LSL Frame Slider Kit
Woodcraft Front Axle Slider Kit
Woodcraft Rear Axle Slider
CRG R/C Spectrum Levers for Yamaha (Set of 2)
Hugger extension
R&G Racing Radiator Grill Guard
R&G Racing Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator

Ordered 10/4/2014:
Ermax nose fairing (matte gray)
Ermax seat cover (matte gray)

So much more that I want to do but I better chill for tonight. Online purchasing makes it just too easy...thanks for stopping by.

jeff

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey everyone,
Just ordered some stuff so will update this page when things get installed.

I first introduced myself about a month ago as someone considering an FZ-09. Long time rider, modder and Yamaha junkie. Last Saturday I picked up a 2015 in matte gray. There's no info out at the local CA dealerships yet and they even had to charge me 2014 prices :) so I'm calling 'first 2015 build' :happy3:

The day we met :p Picking it up at the dealership:

Here's what I just ordered (hope it all fits the 2015):
M4 Yamaha FZ-09 Carbon Fiber Slip On Exhaust
LSL Frame Slider Kit
Woodcraft Front Axle Slider Kit
Woodcraft Rear Axle Slider
CRG R/C Spectrum Levers for Yamaha (Set of 2)
Hugger extension
R&G Racing Radiator Grill Guard
R&G Racing Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator

So much more that I want to do but I better chill for tonight. Online purchasing makes it just too easy...thanks for stopping by.

jeff
Man I like that 2015. Matte charcoal is nice.
And the not blue wheels makes it less cartoon and more respectable.
How is the fueling on yours?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I think the only 2015 change was paint color, and ECU programming. There should be no problems with fitment.

I'm glad they ditched the hideous blurple wheels, I've heard rumors that yellow and matte grey are the only 2015 colors. Sad, I really like the Orange with racing stripes.

Good luck with your build, I'd order an extra CCT now, to have on standby.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I like that 2015. Matte charcoal is nice.
And the not blue wheels makes it less cartoon and more respectable.
How is the fueling on yours?
Fueling? Probably too early for me to tell. Been working too much so only have 100 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few things came in today:
crg levers
grill guard
tidy tail

to tired to do much but got the levers on:

Reactions: Ottoman

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rear hugger came in today. fits.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wanna swap tanks? :D I think I might order a matte tank once it's available on partshark or some other parts site

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm cool, wat. digging the matte gray also.

grill guard installed. wanted to stay with the black and gray theme, and something on the cheap but functional.:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love this! I live in NorCal and plan on making more/less the same set up. I want the '15 grey too. This is getting me excited. keep us updated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the flash on my phone kicked in which makes the mesh look more silver than black. but in person you can hardly tell it's installed, which was my goal. happy with the mods so far. looking forward to the exhaust.

glwp, majorskillz.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looked at the yellow and gray ones today at the dealer.

Had the choice of buying the yellow one, but went with the Red 14. (I like faster red, what can I say?)

If they had done a Yamaha yellow/black bumblebee stripe, I'd have been VERY tempted to get yellow however.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I pretty much bleed Yamaha blue so if they had a blue one in the US, and I'm not talking the blurple color, I would have considered it. The black and matte gray just looks mean and says 'I'll kick your arse', imo.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
axle and frame sliders came in. busy this weekend with family stuff but would rather lock myself up in the cave and do some installs. try to get fender elim and frame sliders on this weekend. will probably do axle sliders when i do the exhaust install at my bro's. he's got the right shop for it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
these pics didn't come out as clear. lsl 'crash pads' installed. the silver spacer is about the same color/texture as stock pegs so it's not as bright in person compared to pic. cheap flash on phone camera.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
r&g fender elim installed. Really like the plug and play of this kit. Decided to stay with stock lights more because they're dot approved and bright so I'll be seen. Clean. Price was right also.

Reactions: Mothy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok, here we go. last install for a few weeks while I wait for the ermax products to arrive. hopefully at least one person found this helpful. it was my first build log.

here we are getting ready to ride to my brothers house in hollister, ca.

my brother moving all of his harley's out of the garage to make room for us to work. he manages a couple of hd shops in the ca, bay area. love this dude.

on the lift, ready for exhaust install.

wrapping it up. that was some serious grinding of the factory weld.

here we are. for those wondering if mods for 2014's will fit 2015's. yup, they will, no problem. at least for all in my signature. still waiting to get the ermax products.

woodcraft front axle sliders:

woodcraft rear axle sliders and down the throat of the m4.

i really like the m4. love the sound and the weight savings.

peace!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts