Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fz-09 is more or less my first bike, I just graduated from a '78 XS750 that I grew into an attitude of this thing will fall apart beneath me before I get into a serious accident (yes, stupid) mindset.

So in the interest of safety, I picked up the new RF-1200 and an Alpinestars Jaws perf jacket today, and I'm wondering if there's a whole lot I can do to break in the jacket before our WI riding season starts in a month hopefully. Will wearing it around the house like while I'm here at my computer soften it up much before I start riding?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I wore my around the house for a few days. I have the same jacket it's damn tight at first

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Shit, I wore my AGV track suit INTO the shower last year. It broke it in nicely.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thats what we need.....Jacket "wear it in" people we could pay. Maybe someone in Chicago where its cold anyway? I still ride with my old suzuki gsxr jacket. It doesn't match any bike I have, but it is broken in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Haven't ridden with the 1200, but it fits great around the house.

The 750 is for sale. its not in turnkey order right now though :(
I pulled the carbs and cleaned them last fall, and found the grommets on the airbox side of the carbs are junk, and havent decided to replace them or switch to a pod style filter - so another owner would have to make that decision. Also this winter in the cold, something either dripped or touched the gas tank and blistered the clear coat.

If you would like I can take some good pictures of the bike when I get some sun. http://i.imgur.com/hvoh6ZH.jpg is a pic of the tank right now. I was really sad when I went and checked it out :( Shoot me a PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts