Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not currently have a jacket that fits, nor do I have a pair of gloves that I like. I want a jacket that has armor, is visible, and is comfortable/breathes well. I want gloves that grip well and would give me good protection. I'm open to any suggestions. I figure I probably shouldn't be riding around in a t-shirt and glove-less.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Just posted this in another thread.re:jacket

Newbie just sating hi!

Also have astars jaws perf that works well under 80 degrees.

Gloves I love my Scorpions guardians

Scorpion Guardian Gloves - RevZilla
Finding a jacket is fairly easy. Gloves that are comfortable and protect isn't as easy.

Those Scorpions look sweet. I'll be visiting the Revzilla Retail Store in Phil this week and will prob pick up a pair for Winter in FL.

What do you wear in the Heat of Summer.....????

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Finding a jacket is fairly easy. Gloves that are comfortable and protect isn't as easy.

Those Scorpions look sweet. I'll be visiting the Revzilla Retail Store in Phil this week and will prob pick up a pair for Winter in FL.

What do you wear in the Heat of Summer.....????
For the price, I think they are a great buy. I wear them in the summer and fall/start of winter with no problems.

They aren't the best vented gloves but my hands never get too hot.

Took a few rides for them to break in but once they did I barely notice I'm wearing them. Super comfortable.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Joe rocket stuff is hit or miss. On the gloves those really won't do shit in a slide.

The guardians are 20 bucks more and may actually save your hands.

imo - don't cheap on gear. Medical bills are much more expensive.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Joe rocket stuff is hit or miss. On the gloves those really won't do shit in a slide.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. Someone in The Squid Thread may hear you......:cool:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I certainly prefer to keep my hands. Jacket looks nice. I wish I could find one that had orange trim. I thought it would be cool to match the bike without looking like a pumpkin flying down the highway.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
No shipping & usually no tax:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I certainly prefer to keep my hands. Jacket looks nice. I wish I could find one that had orange trim. I thought it would be cool to match the bike without looking like a pumpkin flying down the highway.
The jacket doesn't have Ce armor - that's ideally what you want.

That jacket is 120 for 80 bucks more you can get something like the astars Viper air k(revit and dianese also have similarly priced jackets) and you'll get more color optiona/better quality and Ce armor in the arms and shoulders.

I think it's worth the extra cash but that's just me.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
A Quality Full Face Helmet & an armored Jacket w/gloves are essential B4 any Mods. Nothing is worth more than Your Head & Body.

That's just me & there's No Doubt I've got it right

Please be smart about this...

Do you have a $200 Head, or a $500 Head.........just saying...:cool:

Reactions: freudflintstone

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A Quality Full Face Helmet & an armored Jacket w/gloves are essential B4 any Mods. Nothing is worth more than Your Head & Body.

That's just me & there's No Doubt I've got it right

Please be smart about this...

Do you have a $200 Head, or a $500 Head.........just saying...:cool:
I've got a full face helmet already. It's not a $500 helmet, but it seems sturdy enough. I have a jacket, but it is 2XL. It's baggy on me. I have some SUPER cheap gloves that I never use. They have terrible grip.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I've got a full face helmet already. It's not a $500 helmet, but it seems sturdy enough. I have a jacket, but it is 2XL. It's baggy on me. I have some SUPER cheap gloves that I never use. They have terrible grip.

IF I had an orange bike and wasn't going to spend over $180, this is what I'd buy...and I guess Revzilla has a Video Review of this one too......then I'd move into Leather for the winter:cool:
Text Font Website Web page Sportswear Text Font Website Web page Sportswear

Reactions: freudflintstone

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts