Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Long story short, him and uncle PBR are gonna hacksaw the shit outta his bike tomorrow because he paid off a soul sucking leech for the month again.

Reactions: cheech
Discussion starter · #23 ·
shes done. just waiting for paint to dry. I started at 12:05, its 3:50 now. So I took apart all the crap attached to the sub frame then went to unbolt the subframe from the main frame and realized that i needed some big torx security bit. i have many tools but not the size i needed. So I would say about 45minutes went to driving to Northern Tool to get the big security torx bit. Honestly for real this additional height makes the bike feel beautiful. I'm 6'1" or 6'2" and now throwing my leg over the bike feels welcoming instead of a flat turd.
I've never edited a video before but I know I could. I took some time lapse and a few video cuts along the way, and I'm gonna try to get my little brother to slap it together for yall if I can.
Because its a Saturday the only material business open is the homedepot so I got raped on steel. It was $10 for the 1" round tube that I hammered inside the subframe tube. I had 1" emt to make a >3/4" spacer tube that went between the cut section of sub frame.
This is like the equivelent of a flat hot chick getting a nice boob job that compliments her but not over bearing. You would think its stock. I'm a lil bias but it should be stock.

Nice work on them PBRs boy. Hows the seating position now compared to before?

My friend was watching this and she goes, "work gloves and no shoes, definitely your kind of people."

Pretty sweet. I imagine it feels more sporty and pitches you forward more, which makes the stock bars feel better?

Well there you go, cheech said he was gonna do it and he did.
I really enjoy watching guys fabricate stuff so this was fun. Much more entertaining than watching "builds" that show tail tidies, bar end mirrors and handlebar swaps.

That video looks a lot like a red green show episode, all you are missing is Harold and duct tape.
Well... if you're taking on this project, I recommend 5 large rolls of duct tape.
If you think that's a little too expensive for you, well then maybe you can't afford a fancy street fighter FZ09...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.