Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not happy with the '18 muted low back tail seat. I'm not even going to touch the fact that its a +600 mild flagship bike with actual rear chain adjuster axel hardware with a front and back connected seat... feel like im riding some bullshit FZ1 or **** shit ass 98' CBR600. It's like absolute dog shit, much like my life, to ride a bike with a connected seat.
WTF the FZ07 has a Tits McGee seat properly parted which shows a nice profile of not gay. So as of this point nobody will see this post, not even the yamerha lurkers. But I plan to fix this kindof atfirst stupid sounding rant. I'ma cut the subframe lower frame attachment points about mid section between the main frame and tail light, and aluminum weld a >=3 " spacer bar(i don't know if its square tube or wtf). Theses bikes have a very subdued seating position which is truthfully more comfortable than a sport bike but I have seen post where people think the torque may slide them right off the back.
For Science.
I cut my bike so you don't have to. plus I don't give a shit.
This forum is primaraly old I understand that. I'm 35, I never imagined in my wildest dreams I would be alive this long. So Hey people are people dont ban me.
side note I bought a mt after I learned how to walk again after a bad motorcycle crash. I only have 24 years of crash and **** up riding experience so be kind.
If you havent gone down Your not testing the limits

·
Registered
515 Posts
I can't wait. I'm trying to visualize it and wonder how close to the results. Way cool.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Show us what you got Bro----we ain't your parents so have at it.
Like ridetofish said-----not enough crazies around here lately so we need some action.
(fish is a mod so don't worry about getting banned)

·
Registered
277 Posts
??

·
Registered
515 Posts
Keef that is rad. What about the front ? It looks fairly different. Handlebars , screen ?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
2000 model vfr 800.
ER6N headlight, acewell dash, apex manufacturing clipons, handguards because every fighter needs knuckles, gsxr 600 forks, gsxr 1000 rotors, ducati 848 front wheel, TL1000R front mounted top radiator, radiator shrouds from a cb250, cbr1000 stick coils, custom airbox and velocity stacks, CBR 954 rear shock, CBR 954 rearsets on custom mounts, ninja seat and subframe, ducati 1098s forged rear wheel, custom made 45T rear sprocket, MT09 akra carbon can on a custom link pipe mated to delkevic headers, LED indicators all round and a blaster x integrated tailight.
185kgs wet.

my seat is much higher than stock, but so are my rearsets so ergonomically,it balances out.

When the 2014 mt09 came out, heaps of people complained that the seat was angled too high and slid them into the tank.
Yamaha listened, and changed the angle of the seat (my new 17 is definitely more comfortable than my old 2014). If you angle the seat up to lean yourself forward, you should also raise the footpegs.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
To quote: “Naw, this ain’t real...I just filled it full of my old socks and stuff.“ “Well let’s light it up anyway man...you never know”
This, I believe, is the source of the OP’s odd issue with the seat?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Hey, what happened to cheech and this project he promised us?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I watch the really good stunt guys (and girls) on You Tube and marvel at their skill. I truly appreciate some of the things they can do with a motorcycle.
I also watch the wannabe stunt guys and cringe when they do stuff that is beyond stupid. However, I truly appreciate that somebody got it on video for all of us to see.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
amárach ghearr muid le uncail Pabst Ribbon Gorm ag mo thaobh. Tá pá agus billí tacaíochta leanaí agus iar-bhean chéile tar éis moill a chur ar an modhnú, cé nach gcosnóidh sé ach $ 20

·
Registered
857 Posts
amárach ghearr muid le uncail Pabst Ribbon Gorm ag mo thaobh. Tá pá agus billí tacaíochta leanaí agus iar-bhean chéile tar éis moill a chur ar an modhnú, cé nach gcosnóidh sé ach $ 20
Right.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts