550 Posts
Custom windshield
Custom belly pan
Custom radiator guards
Custom heel guards
Custom passenger brackets, pegs
Custom chain guard
Custom gauge bracket
looking forward to seeing what you do on these items. You did a nice job on the headlight so I'm eager to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I disconnect the rear brake switch so when I see a cop I can brake without the brake light coming on and no front end dive because I don't use the front brake. Makes it harder to tell that I'm slowing down. Pretty sure it's saved me a few speeding tickets.
Mark. (2017 FZ09 w/ABS)Curious I hardly use rear brake. AND I’ve been clocked by CHP pulling away at 140 mph on his video. But don’t you feel that since 70% (typically) stopping power is in the front? And that in attempting to thwart the cops you just may be compromising your safety and potentially others? Just wondering...not lecturing you!

·
Registered
16 fz09
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Mark. (2017 FZ09 w/ABS)Curious I hardly use rear brake. AND I’ve been clocked by CHP pulling away at 140 mph on his video. But don’t you feel that since 70% (typically) stopping power is in the front? And that in attempting to thwart the cops you just may be compromising your safety and potentially others? Just wondering...not lecturing you!
No. If Im speeding there no one close enough behind me to matter if there's a brake light. Brake light functions normal with front brake

·
Registered
59 Posts
JW...sorry I called you Mark. 😱. Hey it’s just a discussion. I’m not trying to piss anyone off. You have some photos? I posted some of my 2017 FZ09. Any thoughts on going to those Upgraded rotors? Stoltecmoto & TST have some AWESOME upgrades. I don’t work for them. But the stuff I have purchased was great. Like loosing that Toe-Bar Yamaha uses as a license plate holder. TST has a single piece of squared aluminum to replace it and loose 15 pounds. Late!

·
Registered
16 fz09
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
JW...sorry I called you Mark. 😱. Hey it’s just a discussion. I’m not trying to piss anyone off. You have some photos? I posted some of my 2017 FZ09. Any thoughts on going to those Upgraded rotors? Stoltecmoto & TST have some AWESOME upgrades. I don’t work for them. But the stuff I have purchased was great. Like loosing that Toe-Bar Yamaha uses as a license plate holder. TST has a single piece of squared aluminum to replace it and loose 15 pounds. Late!
All good here. I have the 2020 r1 master cylinder and mzs levers that are ready to go on. Will see how the brakes work after that, then it's braided lines before going with the 320mm rotors. Probably mount the master and new levers this weekend. Also have case covers waiting to be installed

·
Registered
16 fz09
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
A few pics from a trackday last month. This was the day I drug my stator cover on the ground which you can see in the 3rd pic. Mods since pics.... lever guard bar ends with mirrors and radiator covers

·
Registered
59 Posts
A few pics from a trackday last month. This was the day I drug my stator cover on the ground which you can see in the 3rd pic. Mods since pics.... lever guard bar ends with mirrors and radiator covers View attachment 160862 View attachment 160863
A few pics from a trackday last month. This was the day I drug my stator cover on the ground which you can see in the 3rd pic. Mods since pics.... lever guard bar ends with mirrors and radiator covers View attachment 160862 View attachment 160863 View attachment 160864
View attachment 160864
You’re a monster man! Nice photos! Where is the track at? G pretty soon you’re not gonna even have an FZ anymore it’ll be a completely different bike Eh? Are you in SoCal? I live north of Los Angeles in Santa Clarita. So guys I know go out to Willow Springs.

·
Registered
16 fz09
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You’re a monster man! Nice photos! Where is the track at? G pretty soon you’re not gonna even have an FZ anymore it’ll be a completely different bike Eh? Are you in SoCal? I live north of Los Angeles in Santa Clarita. So guys I know go out to Willow Springs.
Thanks. This day was at thunder hill east in willows on s21 street tires. Buttonwillow in Bakersfield is a pretty good track as well. I will be doing Sonoma in a few weeks. With slicks for the first time.

I'm in Sacramento.

One of my buddies called it the fzR9 because it now rides more like a sport touring bike than an upright. So now she is refered to as an R9. I'm gonna have custom stickers made that say fzR9. Done in white, but the R will be red.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts