Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this exhaust has been poo-poo'd by some, but I think it's great. The instructions are strange at first, but once you look at it, its obvious. Fit and finish was fantastic. Took me maybe 15 minutes to swap out.

Comes with two different sized silencer inserts which is pretty cool. Without any silencer, the bike has a deafening drone at low speeds, and under 3000 rpm. This is right at lane-splitting speed so I chose to put a silencer in. Gives the bike a nice bark. I chose to leave the cat intact.

I have no intention of putting the bike on the dyno or tuning it. It runs like stock no matter which, if any, silencer is in.

The smallest silencer does deaden power delivery. The larger baffle does take the edge off the drone without hindering power too much.

Ixil USA was great to work with. They immediately let me know shipping was going to take a week longer and they kept their promise to ship it asap.

Update: here's a quick video with the small silencer.

Update 2: more videos with larger baffle and without baffle

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the issue with this exhaust?
I've heard people aren't happy that it isn't the lightest, but it's still 6 pounds lighter than stock.

Also heard that it loses power over the stock exhaust, but nobody has presented a dyno sheet.

My goal was to not spend $1300, save a little weight and be able to hear myself on the track. This does all those wonderfully.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vid please, I need audio!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here are the other videos with the larger baffle and without a baffle.

It should be noted that the smaller baffle seems to really deaden power delivery. After I took it out, it was trying to lift the wheel banging into 3rd gear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts