Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post up we finally got our first shipment of the new SX1 exhaust. We have started shipping them out. The systems are beautiful in person looking forward to getting some dyno information and specs up for the forum along with video..

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'd love to see pictures and video for sound!

My wife has been shopping for her 2012 FZ6R and I told her IXIL makes a great pipe.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'd be interested in some pics of it on the bike as well. It's definitely different from the rest of the pipes on the market and I'm having a hard time visualizing what it would look like

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
474 Posts
Interested to hear the SX1 in person. Love my Ixil Hyperlow L3X - deep triple cylinder goodness :)

Reactions: MaxTorque09

·
Registered
558 Posts
Also, don't forget pics from the LEFT side of the bike, I fear this pipe will also have a bit of the "scrotum" look of the stocker

·
Registered
539 Posts
X4 Here

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, I got my SX1 last week and got it on over the weekend. It looks great and sounds great, I cannot speak much for the performance yet. I was only able to take a short ride on it so far, and I still have the stock ECU. I plan on sending it out this weekend to be re-flashed. So here is a few pics of it on the bike.

fz-09 005.jpg fz-09 006.jpg fz-09 008.jpg fz-09 009.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not pulled the DB killer yet to see what it sounds like without it, but I can say it now has a nice deep sound. It is much more "throaty" than I expected it to be.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Is it a full exhaust or just a big clip on?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
It is the full exhaust. I should have taken a better picture of the header pipes so you could see them too.
Sorry sprenger in no way was I trying to criticize your photography. Was just curious as even their website just shows the can itself and the pipes from the photos look stockish

Looks great btw - I like how subtle it - can't wait to hear a sound clip!

·
Registered
115 Posts
that looks really good Sprenger. I really like how tucked away it is. I'll be watching with interest.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry sprenger in no way was I trying to criticize your photography. Was just curious as even their website just shows the can itself and the pipes from the photos look stockish

Looks great btw - I like how subtle it - can't wait to hear a sound clip!
Oh, no problem at all! And thanks for the compliment.

The headers have a pretty rough finish, which gives them a very matte look. The inlet to the exhaust has the smooth finish and is fairly shiny. If you look at the one up close picture, you can tell the difference in finishes. I was unsure of the matte headers when I opened the box, but I really like the way they look on the bike.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts