Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
===> here it is, mannnnn the sound is much better live than through my S5, deep crawling tone yeaaaa

Pros:
* awesome price point $500 bugs for a full sexy deep crawling exhaust
* 1/3 of thew weight of the OE
* bolt on, slick easy and streamline to the body
* made in Spain / Barcelona vs knockoffs
* ooh great support support from IXIL site, great dudes

Cons:
* was a bit disappointed that the inner tubes where not de-bured (sharp edges)
* also their was machine dust still in the headers (I know I'm anal) but for that price I cleaned it out prior install
* you need a couple of 12 metric wrenches (angle) nuts, its pretty tight to bold the nuts back on
* also (no biggie?) the tip is about 11/2 out of the rear set loop, so if you lowsite on the right the tips will get damaged

Overall... I love it and can easily live with all the cons :)

Before I forget, David from vcyclenut flashed it with an akro fuel map. I must say the sound and the throttle responds (short 10 mile run @38F up in MN lol) is awesome -great job!
20150126_FZ09_vcyclenut01.jpg

I love your signature, but I would rather have it on a label (so that I can removed it if needed).

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Only difference between kids and Man are the price of their toys! Your video gave me a good laugh... especially at the end.

Like the look of your exhaust, nice fit! Just by the soind of it it seems a bit restricted? Can you remove the DBK? Just curious...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only difference between kids and Man are the price of their toys! Your video gave me a good laugh... especially at the end.

Like the look of your exhaust, nice fit! Just by the sound of it it seems a bit restricted? Can you remove the DBK? Just curious...
Thanks guys... had a blast as you can tell.
And YES the DB Killer's are removable (will add another short vid later), here is the ofical vid from IXIL;

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
And YES the DB Killer's are removable (will add another short vid later), here is the ofical vid from IXIL;

Now you're talking about! LOL

What I like is that you can remove only one... sort of in between.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Oh balls, now I really need to get that one and pull the baffles.

$500 you say? Did you have a coup or something?

·
Registered
336 Posts
$500 is a smoking deal for a full set of pipes like that, and the sound without the DB killers is unreal. Any performance gains or noticeable difference?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Nice vid.
Funny stuff!
Good mod.
Great price!
ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
The one gripe I have with Ixil, is that they post no performance numbers, no weight numbers, nothing but a price.

I'm not a very smart man, but if I were in the business of selling a performance product, I'd post performance oriented stats.

This is like selling CF/forged/magnesium wheels, and not publishing weights.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Quick question about the Vcycle Akrapovic flash. I know you are in MN just like me and probably haven't had the chance to ride it yet, but what did the man behind the flashing have to say about using the Akra flash with the IXIL system? I'm planning on getting the SX1 IXIL exhaust and was thinking about doing exactly what you did.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Quick question about the Vcycle Akrapovic flash. I know you are in MN just like me and probably haven't had the chance to ride it yet, but what did the man behind the flashing have to say about using the Akra flash with the IXIL system? I'm planning on getting the SX1 IXIL exhaust and was thinking about doing exactly what you did.
Look like you won't ride for a while in MN. Talk to David. If the demand is there I'm sure he won't mind doing a custom map. Might need to ship him your exhaust... still worth it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Look like you won't ride for a while in MN. Talk to David. If the demand is there I'm sure he won't mind doing a custom map. Might need to ship him your exhaust... still worth it.
Maybe so, possibly when I purchase it I'll just have it shipped to him. With the exhaust I want only running around 700 it doesn't seem like adding a few bucks will deter me.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
835 Posts
The one gripe I have with Ixil, is that they post no performance numbers, no weight numbers, nothing but a price.

I'm not a very smart man, but if I were in the business of selling a performance product, I'd post performance oriented stats.

This is like selling CF/forged/magnesium wheels, and not publishing weights.
I find it strange too.

I do plan on buying this one in a month or so and having Nels do a custom dyno tune on it. I'll definitely post a chart!

Reactions: magilke441

·
Registered
539 Posts
I find it strange too.

I do plan on buying this one in a month or so and having Nels do a custom dyno tune on it. I'll definitely post a chart!
That would save me some $$$! Which exhaust were you looking at?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts