Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really wanting this exhaust or this one. The problem is I'm too impatient to wait until October to receive them. Does anyone know where to buy this type of exhaust locally(U.S.) or similar looking exhaust? I don't like the can look. I just want something good looking and a bit louder.

Also, has anyone figured out how to make the stock exhaust louder? I'd be satisfied with that. I just want my 09 to be louder(not ticket inducing loud).

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
man i'm with you - i'm in love with this exhaust but the only website i was able to find it on was located in the UK. I think one forum member in the states has this but that UK website (or EBAY?) is where they got it from.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The first one ships from Filderstadt, Germany. Seems pretty risky. What if it arrives damaged or doesn't fit properly.....??

Reactions: Kilo

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first one ships from Filderstadt, Germany. Seems pretty risky. What if it arrives damaged or doesn't fit properly.....??
Exactly. That's a lot of money to throw at another country, risk damage, and have to wait so long. I just want a simple design that doesn't look like a bolted on can.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man i'm with you - i'm in love with this exhaust but the only website i was able to find it on was located in the UK. I think one forum member in the states has this but that UK website (or EBAY?) is where they got it from.
It's 2014. Why in the hell would it taking so long to ship? It's crazy. Maybe if that forum member shows up, we will get some insight...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i think it's this guy who owns it - but not sure his forum handle

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
if that is such a big concern, then chadspur will just have to buy whatever is in stock at his local dealer. Oooohh, oldskool style, and not complain about price or availability.
What is more important?
time?
price?
being able to touch it before you buy it?
being able to sue someone if it isn't right?
Supporting the local economy?

maybe is because i'm in Australia so buying stuff on line from OS isn't such a big deal.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Uhh, it's missing an exhaust can! My FZ09 is a 3 cylinder.......why is there only two cans?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Uhh, it's missing an exhaust can! My FZ09 is a 3 cylinder.......why is there only two cans?
It's generic, have seen coupla of bikes with these pipes - multis and twins (in Melb, Aust). The Ixil is even sold w/out the headers for those who want to maintain stock.

Was pretty keen on those but finally took the plunge on a Akra Carbon.

This mob is the cheapest thus far from my research (the end-price gets 17.5% VAT removed, but shipping may be a deterrent).
Motorcycle Accessories: Yamaha MT-09 IXIL Black Hyperlow XL Dual Exit Full Exhaust System, IXIL Hyperlow Motorbike Cans, 175-980

Note it comes with Cat fitted, which I really didn't need or want. May be ideal for the Cali guys tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts