Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been on this board for 6+ months and have wanted the new FZ09 since it was on the cover of the cycle buyers guide and I couldn't wait any longer. I was hoping to wait for the 15 so some of the isses would be worked out but I couldn't hold out.

I shopped around the Dallas area and was about to jump on a red one in Baton Rouge for 7100 (tax isn't included in that 7100, with tax would be 7700) but ended up going with a graphite OTD for 8300.

The problem was that my buddy went with me to look at bikes and he wanted a cruiser so we stopped by Harley and I fell in love with a second bike.... CVO Breakout. I sold my last Harley about 10 months ago and never expected to buy another one but I was hooked on this bike.

So, I picked up the FZ on Tuesday and the CVO on Wednesday and I couldn't be happier. While the Harley is a beautiful bike I'm in love with the FZ. I've owner two triumph Daytona 675 and this bike feels as good but much more comfortable. I'm about 230lbs and set the shocks to full firm and the bike rides perfectly. I'm not a corner carver so my standards are not what some are but it handles the bumps and road better then I expected.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405607029.948586.jpg
Pic from online but that's what I bought

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405607059.900380.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405607082.470739.jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's ok Sinner... you can cry... We have the same addiction too.

fight-club-quotes-6.jpg

This Forum is more like a Support Group for Everyone with a Motorcycle Addiction. That CVO is very sweet looking!!!

Sinner, No Need to Repent - just make sure to ride the Sheet out of those beautiful beasts!!!!

"To go against your Motorcycle Urges is to go against God"

You don't need a Confession, you need some Priest!!!!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: Horsman

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new bike! I'm in the same boat. Been wanting an Fz-09 since last November, and have been browsing these boards since Jan.
Finally find a dealer in NorCal that was willing to sell one to me without all the bullshit dealer markup. Took delivery of a Rapid Red (the fastest color :D) last Friday (7/11)

Been breaking it in on STD mode, using only B mode when lanesplitting. I'm so glad I didnt let all the hoopla about the throttle deter me from buying this bike. I honestly have gotten used it within a few days and don't see the need for the ECU flash right now. I did get the suspension dialed in. I'm 150lbs and the stock settings were absolutely horrible. The rear was bouncing like a pogo stick. After adjustment, I'm now truely in love with it.

Let the mods begin! tech spec grippers, woodcraft sliders, and madhornets levers all on order.

·
Registered
663 Posts
These are exciting times. After a lull in the industry for a while, things are picking up. Honda just released a CB300f that looks pretty cool. The pack of new mid weight and entry bikes (including the fz-07) should draw more people to the sport

The fz09 and fz07 combo is a heck of a tough act to follow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm married and she's ok with my nonsense, lol.

I have to say that my wife is amazing and I am blessed she allows me to have the toys we do..... However, I now have to buy her some crap she wants!!!! :-( lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I have to say that my wife is amazing and I am blessed she allows me to have the toys we do..... However, I now have to buy her some crap she wants!!!! :-( lol.
My wife is like that to. I can get whatever I want, BUT it always comes with the cost of getting her something. Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well I've been on this board for 6+ months and have wanted the new FZ09 since it was on the cover of the cycle buyers guide and I couldn't wait any longer. I was hoping to wait for the 15 so some of the isses would be worked out but I couldn't hold out.

I shopped around the Dallas area and was about to jump on a red one in Baton Rouge for 7100 (tax isn't included in that 7100, with tax would be 7700) but ended up going with a graphite OTD for 8300.

The problem was that my buddy went with me to look at bikes and he wanted a cruiser so we stopped by Harley and I fell in love with a second bike.... CVO Breakout. I sold my last Harley about 10 months ago and never expected to buy another one but I was hooked on this bike.

So, I picked up the FZ on Tuesday and the CVO on Wednesday and I couldn't be happier. While the Harley is a beautiful bike I'm in love with the FZ. I've owner two triumph Daytona 675 and this bike feels as good but much more comfortable. I'm about 230lbs and set the shocks to full firm and the bike rides perfectly. I'm not a corner carver so my standards are not what some are but it handles the bumps and road better then I expected.

View attachment 7713
Pic from online but that's what I bought
I'm happy to see that you've used a picture of my bike. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha, that's the picture I kept looking at when I was trying to decide between red and graphite bad your bike won!!!!

I absolutely love this bike!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Excelongt, care to share which Norcal dealer is willing to skip the b.s.? I kind of got sidetracked by a Jeep but still looking at bikes...Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts

My wife thought... Thinks I'm selling my SV and that there is no way I'd buy a 3rd bike without selling one or both. It's impossible to explain to my whole family the draw I have to 2 wheels (motor or not). It's not like I'm buying the most expensive bikes... And I conveniently paid off her car and bought her something expensive that she wanted before I bought the fz :)

Now to find time to research and do the mods I want to do. I'm thinking the SV will morph into something the likes of www.classifiedmoto.com concepts.

Enjoy... If you have kids you might feel guilty trying to get out on one bike let alone 2 new ones. I try to ride to work 4 days a week (the long route) to get my time in!

Sent from my apple IIc using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Enjoy... If you have kids you might feel guilty trying to get out on one bike let alone 2 new ones. I try to ride to work 4 days a week (the long route) to get my time in!

Sent from my apple IIc using Tapatalk
The trick is to get your wife to go away with the kids and without you. For example, my wife loves camping in tents, I'm over sleeping on the ground so she takes the kid and goes without me. She's actually leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday, it's like a Holiday for me and I get to sleep in my own bed....the whole bed. She leaves again at the end of next week for a week in the interior again with our son well I'm at work. Don't get me wrong I love my wife and we vacation together as well but she gets somewhere around 8 weeks holidays, I get nowhere near that so I take one for the team by staying home, riding my bike in the evenings and during the weekend well she's on vacation* and on top of all that I get brownie points because she feels bad for going without me.......It's a genius plan really.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excelongt, care to share which Norcal dealer is willing to skip the b.s.? I kind of got sidetracked by a Jeep but still looking at bikes...Mark
We have a '12 JKU that I love as well. What did you buy and what have you don't to it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts