Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap.

If you are riding an un flashed bike, you are really cheating yourself. Really. I've had a good many bikes, stock, then modded, aftermarket exhaust, piggyback fuel controllers, various maps, block off plates etc... You name it.

NONE, STOCK OR MODDED, EVER RAN LIKE THIS! Wow.

Even with a full exhaust, this bike runs like a verrrry refined stock bike, with verrrry good factory fueling. No popping, no hesitation, it is so perfect. From initial startup, it just exudes quality, I am so impressed.

I am so very pleased. Thanks Vcyclenut.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm brokering the sale of a couple bikes for some friends who have moved out west... They were in town yesterday for some recurrent training, and stopped in. They couldn't believe how well the bike runs with the flash. EFI bikes are a pain to get right after a full exhaust install, but you hit the nail on the head.

I know some guys run full exhausts with no fueling changes... My bike ran terrible in comparison, before the flash. Just pull the tank and get the ECU flashed, really... It's worth it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi there,

I have a 2014 FZ-09 that has the factory flash upgrade from 2015. Is this the flash you are referencing or is there another custom fuel mapping flash by a third party?

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
Hi there,

I have a 2014 FZ-09 that has the factory flash upgrade from 2015. Is this the flash you are referencing or is there another custom fuel mapping flash by a third party?
no, they are referencing my flash, there is custom fuel mapping by me, I created the fuel maps and flash settings on my own fz09. Just to clarify any remote tune is a generic map, a true custom map can only be created with the bike present.

my website is vcyclenut.com

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sounds good, but I do need to ask, is there any issues sending an ECU from Canada to Florida and back???? I am just curious if cross border customs has caused any major delays with stuff like this. Since there isn't anyone local that I would trust to mess with my ECU. Plus it might need to be a winter project and I would hate to loose any riding time because customs "misplaces" my ECU, grrrrrrr......

Reactions: Evol

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
Sounds good, but I do need to ask, is there any issues sending an ECU from Canada to Florida and back???? I am just curious if cross border customs has caused any major delays with stuff like this. Since there isn't anyone local that I would trust to mess with my ECU. Plus it might need to be a winter project and I would hate to loose any riding time because customs "misplaces" my ECU, grrrrrrr......
+

I have flashed a lot of ecu's for canadian customers, I have not had an issue. I have a $30 flat rate and $45 flat rate return shipping to Canada on my website

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where are you located? How do you determine what to flash on the bike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vcyclenut,

I posted this question in another thread, but I'll ask here too since you are active in this one. How does your flash compare to the Stoltec/2 wheel dyno works flash? Is your flash a generic one for all exhaust systems or is it specific? I have looked at your site and like the drop down menus for the options you provide. I have a 2 Bros system waiting to be installed and will be getting some block off plates. Thank you for your help and info. Its great to have people on here that are knowledgeable and willing to help other riders get the most out of their bikes for the best experience possible.

-Brandon

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had a total 2 weeks wait sould be around the same for you, the only issue I can see is your package crossing the borders twice, which could cause unwanted delays.
Worst case you get border fees both ways, if you send it as ''repair/warranty'' you should be out of trouble, the way back is marked as ''gift''.
Do it while you can.

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
Vcyclenut,

I posted this question in another thread, but I'll ask here too since you are active in this one. How does your flash compare to the Stoltec/2 wheel dyno works flash? Is your flash a generic one for all exhaust systems or is it specific? I have looked at your site and like the drop down menus for the options you provide. I have a 2 Bros system waiting to be installed and will be getting some block off plates. Thank you for your help and info. Its great to have people on here that are knowledgeable and willing to help other riders get the most out of their bikes for the best experience possible.

-Brandon
hey brandon,

I get this question a lot and it is impossible for me to compare the two flashes. We obviously both do very good work. I do not want to share my settings with him as I am sure he does not want to with me. You would have to ask people that have had both flashes. Marthy is one I know off of the top of my head.

All my full system maps are based off the full akro carbon map I made. I have found it to work well with most pipes and have tweaked it for a couple pipes. I have flashed a couple bikes with the TB system with good results.

I apprecaite everyone's trust with their ECU

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Late welcome to the party Fizzy.

Let me guess...best $80 you have spent on the bike? I know that's the case with me.

Transforms the FZ from a pocket rocket into a scalded dog stripped ape animal.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
852 Posts

Let me guess...best $80 you have spent on the bike? I know that's the case with me.

Based on this Testimonial alone...I'm In!!! Once I sort out my exhaust the ecu will take a trip to FL.

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts

im adding that quote to my websit, lol, awesome

1 - 20 of 72 Posts