Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official...gotta move...sold the Honda. Honda snowblower!
Loved that machine! Man, it could hurl snow/rocks/small.children.
Almost cried when the guy took it away tonight.
Yet, money from the sale goes directly into the BIKE FUN'D!
Now, what is it the FZ09 needs next?
South Carolina...here we come!!!
(psst...almost gonna miss the snow)

Snow Winter Sky Freezing Atmospheric phenomenon

Snow Snow blower Geological phenomenon Outdoor power equipment Winter

Snow Winter Snow blower Snow removal Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I'm not sure why you waited so long...........you had all summer to move last year! :cool:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'd pack up and move right now.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't tempt me. Itching to go!
We're very excited for lots of reasons.
Headed to Greenville later this month to secure a house.
Moving in late April.
Work? Eh, who needs to work when you've got an awesome bike and 1000's of miles of twisties to ride. :)
Nonetheless, there's plenty I'll miss about my home state (NY!). Really is pleasant...when it ain't arctic-like.
Disappointed I won't get a chance to ride with Jem!

Reactions: Jem

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Several years ago, I was looking on ebay for a part for my 600RR track bike and found a guy that had one. So, I emailed him through ebay and set up a time to talk on the phone about the part. As we talked, I decided that it would be perfect for my bike and the price was right, so I told him that I would go ahead and do a buy it now and make payment and he could ship it to me.

Him: That's fine, but just so you know, it may be a couple of days before I can get it shipped.
Me: That's fine, I'm not in a big hurry, it's the middle of winter and I'm not currently doing track days.
Him: OK, I'll try to get it out on Saturday if I can get to the Post Office..........we got 4 feet of snow overnight and the roads are a bit hard to travel!
Me: Are you serious?.......4 FEET of snow overnight?
Him: Yea, it happens once in a while.....we get the lake effect snow here and sometimes it hits us pretty hard.
Me: I'd be outta there so fast that y'all would choke on heel dust coming off my shoes.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Two snow blower threads in one day. Man, I am going to take a hot shower. I am getting cold just thinking about the snow.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I really need to figure out how I can move down to the US. I don't know why the US government makes it so hard for Canadians to move down there, we're all so friendly :p I just need to win the lottery this weekend I guess, problem solved. See you guys next week! haha

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I really need to figure out how I can move down to the US. I don't know why the US government makes it so hard for Canadians to move down there, we're all so friendly :p I just need to win the lottery this weekend I guess, problem solved. See you guys next week! haha
Dave..........seems like you might fit in down here. Your above post doesn't contain even one single "aye" :cool:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Those pictures are great. Low flying aircraft should increase altitude near that snowblower.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
LOL..... That's "eh", eh? I have to go farther south than Boston, otherwise my "eh" will have to turn into "uh". ;)
Definitely further south than Baaston! They got something like 33 inches of snow last week and another big snowfall a few days ago. I sometime wonder if Knoxville, TN is far enough south. It's 18 degrees here this morning........what's up with that.....eh!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those pictures are great. Low flying aircraft should increase altitude near that snowblower.
I was SO impressed...just a beast when throwing snow.
SO un-impressed...with the controls...WAY too low. Not built for a 7' tall American.
Found out yesterday while listing it on Craigslist...that Honda make control-extensions. REALLY!!!
Otherwise, it made for an awesome machine. Starts first or second pull...regardless of temps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Definitely further south than Baaston! They got something like 33 inches of snow last week and another big snowfall a few days ago. I sometime wonder if Knoxville, TN is far enough south. It's 18 degrees here this morning........what's up with that.....eh!
I'm just west of Boston, just over 5 feet so far and another storm coming this weekend. I think I need to follow your lead and start my move.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
#1) I took a LEAP toward retirement when the FZ09 was purchased.
#2) FZ09 owners manual says: THIS BIKE MUST BE OPERATED ABOVE ARCTIC TEMPS!!!
#3) It's cold here, man! -15*F this morning. The gov't should ban all CANADIAN AIR from crossing border.
:blob8:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts