Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy peasy to pull the ECU. Fit nicely, with a little padding too, inside a small flat rate box. Dave should have it on Saturday. I'm hoping the ECU, titanium caliper bolts and Rizoma tail light will be here when I get back next week.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot wait to see the difference between the AKRA with no flash, and AKRA with flash. Very excited to get this beast finished up this year!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
maybe a dumb question but are you doing damage to a bike by running an exhaust with no change to fueling or are you just not tapping it's full potential of the new system?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a good question. Running lean isn't a good thing... But how lean is it without a good map? Who knows. Marthy claimed it was very lean with an aftermarket pipe, because for emissions it was pretty lean from the factory.

The idle was off, and the popping was excessive, without the flash. The fuel, timing and AIS being disabled, should result in a better running machine, that extracts the pipes real potential. $80 for an $800 exhaust to run correctly, is a small price.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I cannot wait to see the difference between the AKRA with no flash, and AKRA with flash. Very excited to get this beast finished up this year!
I think you'll like it.
I put my akra on my first mt, and got the yamaha free flash a few weeks later, then got an aftermarket flash for the akra/ speed limiter removal etc, maybe a month after that..
Massive, massive difference.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
That is a good question. Running lean isn't a good thing... But how lean is it without a good map? Who knows. Marthy claimed it was very lean with an aftermarket pipe, because for emissions it was pretty lean from the factory.

The idle was off, and the popping was excessive, without the flash. The fuel, timing and AIS being disabled, should result in a better running machine, that extracts the pipes real potential. $80 for an $800 exhaust to run correctly, is a small price.
makes sense - thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think you guys will be happy. I went from stock & no flash to carbon akra,Kev's o2 sensor, vcyclenut flash and difference is so smooth. I was doing 90 in 3rd gear before I looked at the speedo it didn't even feel like I was going that fast.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'm lovin Dave's flash with the stock pipe. You definitely feel the extra power.

I had him keep the stock A mode throttle map and went with the smooth and quick turn for the other two.

Gotta say the stock A is still my favorite. Quick turn has a little too much snap off of idle and the smooth not quite enough.

Smooth is best for long wheelies though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is on the final stretch of his 3750 miles postal trip, it will be a 2 weeks wait total.
Not bad for two border crossing and distance.
Customer service is excellent and questions answered so quick, wow.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I think you guys will be happy. I went from stock & no flash to carbon akra,Kev's o2 sensor, vcyclenut flash and difference is so smooth. I was doing 90 in 3rd gear before I looked at the speedo it didn't even feel like I was going that fast.
The Speed Limit in parts of Pennsylvania is over 90 mph.....????:confused:

Reactions: Dpak

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think you might have something wrong with your bike..... I get to 90 without knowing and I don't even have a tune! Haha I love it it's great until I look down and realize I'm doing 40 over the speed limit unintentionally :laughing9::laughing9:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
^^ Watch out for five-oh. Happened to me too. CHP showed up to my house to issue a performance award...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts