Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome! I'm glad you like it. A smile is always a corner or throttle twist away.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday too! But in Modesto. Took the first long ride today and beyond impressed and happy, Congrats man!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah I'm with you bro! I rode my bike today for the first time and it was awesome! I rode in the rain the whole time but tomorrow is calling for mostly sun :cool::cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Z-Pilot31 You have just been inducted into the "Insert cool-motorcycle-club name here" FZ-09 riders group by reason of excellent taste! Their is another board member who also has a Grey bike. The three of us need to get together and ride!

And thanks everyone, this bike really does make you smile! And I loooove the riding position! The weight and narrow seat, this bike feels like a dirtbike!

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.
My feelings mirror yours regarding our beloved graphite FZs.
I can't throw a leg over it without donning a huge ass grin.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congratulations on your new FZ-09s. Although it has been only a few months since my purchase, I still look forward to each opportunity to climb aboard and ride. The FZ-09 impresses over and over!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The prices are pretty much MSRP plus frieght plus set up (which in my opinion is another excuse to get more money from buyers). My salesman was having a bad day as he was kind of a downer. Something must have happened right before I arrived. Anyway this is my first new anything and I'm normally a hard negotiator but we had an understanding that I'd pay what I'd pay. I was so amped up I was OK with the price. So far no regrets. I have 100 miles on it and I'm looking forward to my ride to work tomorrow morning!

Another congratulations, how are the prices out in the valley and did they have more in stock? Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, this was it. They didn't even have enough time to enter this bike into stock. From what I understand dealers are getting a second allocation through out this month and next.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I live kind of up in the sticks 90 miles north of Sacramento and a local dealer has yet to get even one in. The dealer I got mine from (in Oct) was in Red Bluff. Might have been the "every dealer gets 1 kind of thing".

I saw him Saturday and mine was the only one he has gotten in and has no idea when he will get another one. He told me it was based on his R model sales (which was small) and all his dirt bike sales (which is big) did not help put him on the list to get another one.

Now Roseville just out of Sac has had many come and go and the even advertise them on Craig's list.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I visited a dealer in the Bay Area who are selling them at MSRP + freight (~$550) + Setup (~$400). Not willing to negotiate at all. I'm going to sit on the sidelines for a while until dealers soften up a bit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I picked this bad mama-jama up yesterday after work in Sacramento. I. Love. It. Honestly it's out living my expectations. I 'thought' I'd love this bike and... I was right.

WHAT! FINALLY someone else in this area lol. I am in Rancho, got my bike from Roseville, we need to meet up and cruise ASAP brotha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts