Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Img_1695.jpg

Img_1696.jpg

Found these on another forum. Hope it's ok to show them here. Taken in Canada at an FJR rally. Poster said he wasn't allowed to ride.

Here's what he said about the bike.
"But believe me, it feels like 415lbs. Very sweet. They did let me start it up. It sounds like a 4 below 4000 but turns into a triple above that."

The second shot was instead of a vin#... Click on pic to expand...tp

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
Very nice find dirtdreamer! This gives me hope that maybe, .....just maybe, the bike will be released Before the September timeline. Of course that is probably just hopeful thinking on my part, but hey..........why not!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Nice Find! How tall is that guy!?!? I want to be able to get an idea of how the rider position is for different sized guys.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OP didn't post that info. Check on the cycle-ergo site. Different size riders can be applied . Remember that the system does not compensate for suspension sag. tp dd50

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
Now the tough part.......I'm going to have to explain to my wife that I've fallen in love with a "Redhead"

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I do not believe him to be just 5'9". He looks HUGE, not that its a bad thing, but I can't imagine what some of the truly large (6' +) look like on that thing.

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
I clicked on the link and the page opened for me..........I'm not a member over there on ADV.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Well, we're not huge fans of sending our members to our competitor's sites; but advrider.com kinda transcends that, so.... :D

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
Me......."I want what I want, when I want it"

Yamaha......."You'll get what we've got when we get it"

Tick Tock....Tick Tock

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went through this on another forum waiting for the new Honda CB1100 to arrive. Months of speculation, pictures, agreements, disagreements, anxious posters wanting the CB then and there. Granted when it arrived, it was beautiful, but I just couldn't see enough in the bike to part with almost $12K USD. The 09, on the other hand, at $3K base less than the CB, and a great compromise between the Street and Speed Triples, has gotten my attention. Only 3-4 more months of speculation, agreements, etc, etc, to go... tomp dd50

1 - 18 of 18 Posts