Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm going to take mine back off once I block my AIS and get a tune in the next couple weeks. It depends on if they discharge my sister from the hospital or not, we've been doing some renovations to accommodate her, but I'll get a hold of you once it's out.

·
Vendor
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Darf.
Looking forward to meeting you at the rally!
I hope the best for your sister.

·
Registered
475 Posts
No problem! I'm really excited for May, you guys all are awesome here. I see you're in CT, I live in NY about 45 min from the state line, once it's off we could meet up!

And I really appreciate that, she's working so hard to get back to a somewhat normal life, you never really appreciate the little things.

·
Vendor
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem! I'm really excited for May, you guys all are awesome here. I see you're in CT, I live in NY about 45 min from the state line, once it's off we could meet up!

And I really appreciate that, she's working so hard to get back to a somewhat normal life, you never really appreciate the little things.
I'm stoked as well. I haven't been back since the first rally and I miss it dearly. It's an incredibly awesome group of folks.
You're in NY? Well shooot - we are practically neighbors. I'll send you a PM with my # and maybe we can meet up and do some riding pre or post Rally.

I don't know what your sister is going through, but I can relate to battling to get back to normalcy. It's tough but we come out stronger in the end... Very cliche of me to say but it's very true - at least for me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Jacking this to say I'm stoked to meet both of you in May as well :) Darf, I think I remember reading your sister's story in an introduction thread. Glad to hear she is going to be coming home soon.

Reactions: Niner and Darf

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks Jaron, I truly appreciate you remembering and your well wishes. This is an awesome community. Where abouts are you located? I'm going to be all over the east coast this summer riding, so the more people I meet up with the better!

Niner, long story short is my sister was in a horrific motorcycle accident in october that I unfortunately watched happen, this is a link to her recovery page. She's come a long way....tough kid she is.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm in central VA, north of Charlottesville, south of fairfax. I'm definitely down to meet and ride. Actually randomly met an 07 rider on the street yesterday and we ended up doing about 100 miles together on a whim.

·
Vendor
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jacking this to say I'm stoked to meet both of you in May as well :) Darf, I think I remember reading your sister's story in an introduction thread. Glad to hear she is going to be coming home soon.
Right on, dude! Can’t wait to meet you as well.

Thanks Jaron, I truly appreciate you remembering and your well wishes. This is an awesome community. Where abouts are you located? I'm going to be all over the east coast this summer riding, so the more people I meet up with the better!

Niner, long story short is my sister was in a horrific motorcycle accident in october that I unfortunately watched happen, this is a link to her recovery page. She's come a long way....tough kid she is.

Oh man! That is a harrowing experience. I am truly sorry and I'm blown away by her strength and will power. I wish her well on the journey she is upon now.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
687 Posts
Okay side note. Anyone have a picture of the baffle? I'm "playing " and need a picture of one to see its design.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Okay side note. Anyone have a picture of the baffle? I'm "playing " and need a picture of one to see its design.
Not exactly sure what you want to see but there's a pretty good visual here.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
687 Posts
Got it. Guess I'm more curious on the insides of the muffler on this one. I see how they utilize the baffle to simply reroute through the three smaller tubes in the baffle to restrict and reduce sound. I'm wondering if there is any structures to divert air flow inside the main body or is it free for all past the cat until the outlet. All of my free time has me chopping up stock exhausts to play with sound capabilities.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Some interesting info in this old thread...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts