Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for one to show up at my dealer (at MSRP) for months, but now with the new computer chip shortage, which appears even more severe than before, dealer is not optimistic to get anything this year anymore. He said if it doesn't show up in September (very unlikely), then maybe a 2022 next year. Oh well. Riding season is almost over anyway, but if it was to show up in the middle of winter, I'd definitely jump on it, even if it'd sit for months in my garage. Crazy times.

Does anybody know what's the deal with SP deliveries in the US? Thx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brother, I’ve been waiting for one to show up here in the Green Bay, WI area for a while and haven’t seen anything yet. At this point, I think I’ll be waiting until next Spring or so now. I’ve also been eyeing the ”new” Suzuki GSX S1000. Either one will do, but I don’t think I’ll be seeing either of those two bike this year.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ha, better off waiting on the new R6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my SP from a dealer outside of Atlanta, GA and it was the first one that they had received. They said they were supposed to be getting one more. I got lucky and the guy who had a deposit on it before me cancelled and went to get one from TX

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. Is it one of the first ones, with a 12/20 build date, or one of the very few newer ones, with build date of 05/21? Just curious, but good catch, regardless. Hey, how much did you pay (before TTL), if you want to share? Also curious how much fees they're tackling up there. Guess dealers can get away with that on those bikes :). Thanks.

I definitely want a naked bike, so no R6, R9, or anything like that. I'm too old for those ergos. Ha ha. And also want all the electronics and cruise, so the only other option would be the 890R that I know of, which is a lot more expensive, and less reliable (and less dealers), so not really an option for me.

And I'm with you Kamen; this late, probably better to wait for a 2022 in spring. Unless I could pay MSRP if a 2021 arrives, I'd wait. But I'm almost sure my dealer will probably ask for fees at least for rare bikes, since they have very few bikes. If that's the case, rather pay over MSRP for a 2022, since I wouldn't use it anymore anyway. Thanks gang.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will check the build date when I get a chance. As far as price they tacked on $1150 for shipping and assembly. So their “assembly” was basically $700’ish. Besides that it was $10,999 +TTL

·
Registered
137 Posts
According to the Yamaha dealer inventory tracker, there are 5 SP's sitting in dealers within 30 miles of me, including mine. I had checked a few weeks ago and this was not the case, so SP's are being delivered, but I guess Yamaha has some system of determining inventory allocation.

·
Registered
21 MT09SP
1 Posts
I actually picked up an SP last Thursday outside of Philly. Had the first deposit in line, thought I'd be getting a regular MT09 but the SP showed up and I couldn't say no. The dealer told me they are expecting more standard MT09's, but this was probably their only SP. It arrived as a surprise to them. I called Wednesday to check for updates and they had none, other than they were expecting deliveries this month. Then on Thursday they called and had just the SP available

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s awesome man! The dealer outside of ATL I got mine at said they were supposed to have one more SP coming in and a couple of reg MT09s

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as price they tacked on $1150 for shipping and assembly. So their “assembly” was basically $700’ish. Besides that it was $10,999 +TTL
Thank you. That's what I figured. Locally they tack on a grand, so yours was a bit higher. And yes, charging that much for 'assembly' is an insult on this bike, since all they have to put is the freaking mirrors.

Also mine has a MFG of 06/21 and I picked it up last week of Aug a day after it arrived to the dealer.
That's the newest I've seen, so great news. The newest before yours were 05/21.

I actually picked up an SP last Thursday outside of Philly. It arrived as a surprise to them.
Hoping to have the same luck. Ha ha. We'll see. Enjoy yours for all of us still waiting :).

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,918 Posts
Which part of the VIN number decodes the build date?
I don’t think the VIN is that detailed (other than the mfg knowing when a particular VIN was built). But the sticker on the frame will have a month & year built...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which part of the VIN number decodes the build date?
Yeah, you can't tell from the VIN. Look at the VIN sticker on the left side of the forks (turning them all the way to the right), and you'll see 'mfg date' on one of the corners, with 12/20, 05/21, or 06/21, most likely. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,918 Posts
Deleted.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, guess it only applies to the US. That one doesn't tell crap, other than the GVWR... which is A LOT for a bike (like 500 lbs cargo capacity).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts