Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a 2017 headlight on the first generation. I found two explanations and I'm not sure which explanation I should go with. I didn't understand how there were several different ways. Beyond that, the second way is not very clear.

1. According to a video

2. According to the drawing and explanation in the comments

Font Cable Electrical supply Rectangle Wire

·
Registered
296 Posts
I want to install a 2017 headlight on the first generation. I found two explanations and I'm not sure which explanation I should go with. I didn't understand how there were several different ways. Beyond that, the second way is not very clear.

1. According to a video

2. According to the drawing and explanation in the comments

View attachment 173280
Can you use this perhaps

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Glad to know someone replied to this. I didn't reply yesterday because I thought here we go again. What exactly is the question and where to start...no way I want to spend hours searching and trying to explain so I just ignored it as too much work.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I will leave this piece of advise. If you do not own a cheap multimeter and know what it's settings mean that is a good clue that you probably should not be messing with the electric components. Find a friend to help.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Licensed electrician for decades. I understand electricity pretty well. I have no clue how to help you, though. Without diagrams specific to the components on hand you're just hooking up random wires with your fingers crossed. I wouldn't do that.

See if you can find diagrams from the manufacturer of the parts in question. If they are unable or unwilling to provide diagrams consider that a bullet dodged.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Electricity is smoke. If you don't believe me, short out the terminals on your battery with a piece of cable.
The motto is, never let the smoke out, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey friends. I'm glad this post got comments. In the end I managed to manage, I created a beautiful electric braid according to the video. Works one hundred percent. Thanks friends. If anyone needs help, feel free to talk to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts