Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the modern/futuristic sound to the engine(note i didnt say exhaust)

Would changing the air filter pods have any effect?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What are you calling pods? If you want more intake sound the first thing to do would be to open up the front if the air box. But if make a change big enough to change the sound it's likely you will change the air/fuel mixture, leaner, and that could be a problem.

The 09 air filter is flat, like a wall across the middle of the air box.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you calling pods? If you want more intake sound the first thing to do would be to open up the front if the air box. But if make a change big enough to change the sound it's likely you will change the air/fuel mixture, leaner, and that could be a problem.

The 09 air filter is flat, like a wall across the middle of the air box.

yeah, i havent seen how the air filter on the fz09 is...i actually havent studied the fz09 that much actually...just been riding it and having fun lol...

good input though, thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Or maybe do you mean the slight whistling sound the engine makes? From what I understand that sound is inherent to triples. I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with the cams or cam chain or something like that...not the airbox or the exhaust. At first (when I was looking at videos of the Street Triple R) I didn't like the sound the engines make (supposedly the videos made it sound more pronounced than it really was) but the sound has really grown on me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or maybe do you mean the slight whistling sound the engine makes? From what I understand that sound is inherent to triples. I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with the cams or cam chain or something like that...not the airbox or the exhaust. At first (when I was looking at videos of the Street Triple R) I didn't like the sound the engines make (supposedly the videos made it sound more pronounced than it really was) but the sound has really grown on me.
Haha yes exactly! Im not a big fan of sport bikes or the sound theh make it....but this one has really grown on me, especially the engine whistling noise, especially when rollling OFF the throthle..
Ride with friends and you'll hear theirs...
Lmao.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You could run it with only a quart of oil. The engine will be louder for a while.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Honestly my FZ09 sounds exactly like my R1 sounded when it was stock. Had the "Yamawhine" almost every Yamaha that I've heard has. They are too quiet for sure. But thanks to the EPA and stupid tree huggers aka "treetards" that's what we get.

Reactions: dantheman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts