Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I asked a question on the "wheels" section a while ago about what people thought of the idea of the blue wheels on the red fz 09. The few responses I got werent much in favor of how that might look but I was wondering if anybody on the forum could photo shop the blue wheels onto the red bike. If not I would still like to here peoples thoughts on it. Ducati did the Bostrom replica with blue rims and Aprilia did several red/white and blk/white bikes with blue rims and I found a couple of others that looked excellent to my eyes. Hopefully someone on here has the photo shop skills!! Thanks in advance-Jeff ducati-998-cerchi-blu-blue-wheels-2.jpg aprilia_180880_big.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree that gold would like really nice, I have had a couple of red Duc's with gold rims, you cant beat it. However I want something different but not stupid and my dealer is all in with swapping wheels if I want. Here is same colored bikes one with blue and one with gold. The gold looks expensive/classy and the blue looks specialized/racy IMHO. Aprilia_RSVs.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
I agree that gold would like really nice, I have had a couple of red Duc's with gold rims, you cant beat it. However I want something different but not stupid and my dealer is all in with swapping wheels if I want. Here is same colored bikes one with blue and one with gold. The gold looks expensive/classy and the blue looks specialized/racy IMHO. View attachment 1068
if you want different you could do a two color option like the KTM 1290...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is what popped into my head as I had the 50th anniversary yamaha R6 with the bumble bee graphics. I can do just about anything in photoshop so the above example was done very quickly. This stuff can get time consuming if I want to make it as some times I'm more motivated then others.

We have a charcoal FZ-09 with the funky blue/burple wheels here at the dealership where I work and it is growing on me. I wanted the red but they are very difficult to get. Our first red one is pre-sold. If I didn't just take on a new and more expensive car payment the charcoal grey would be at home in my garage. I want one badly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if anyone sends me/finds me some higher res side images like from the yamaha site then I'll see about playing around with different options. Sucks working with low res, pixelated images.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Reviving a zombie thread. Could I possibly get smeone with photoshop chops to render up a Liquid Graphite version of the FZ-09 with bronze wheels that match the color of the valve covers and oil pump covers? I found a powdercoat color to match it and like to see it mocked up before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It would be helpful if you did the legwork for the image, ie find a large image (large as possible) of a Liquid Graphite bike, ideally on a white/solid background, that you would like someone to use for the mock-up. That way, the person doesn't have to spend time looking for an image on top of manipulating it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts