Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought an xsr 900 as my first bike and whilst I agree for some riders it may be too much I haven't found so. In the UK you do a direct access training course and test where you must pass all of your practical driving tests on a 600 or above and I feel this prepared me to go straight onto the 900. As with all bikes once you get out on your own you learn a lot very quickly.
I rode mine for a few days in traction and throttle mode B but once I got used to it it's been great in STD and A mode.
As others have said buy the bike you want- life's too short.
Hi... I agree, I started riding on MT-125 and really never liked it, never felt safe on fast roads, then I did my DAS on a 650, and it showed me how enjoyable riding a motorbike can be and more importantly how a bigger bike handles. I have only been riding three months! but the DAS course and the extra lessons I took taught me so much, and I loved that Kawasaki ER650N so much that I nearly brought one after I passed my test, but the XSR900 caught my eye, so booked a test ride... and from the moment I let the clutch out I knew it was the bike for me and now I own one.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts