Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
All the people pushing the too much power are missing the point. You can set it in B mode and have the characteristics of a smaller machine.

The issue is you will drop it. Period. You might even crash it. That is simple fact. Most accidents happen in the first 12 months of riding. Do you want to do this to a new machine? Or an older starter bike, get some experience, then get a nicer machine?

The other point is your taste will change as you start riding. You may fall in love with XSR now, then find you like racing and want a full on race replica, or cruiser, or dual sport. Getting something cheap lets you figure that out with out a cash outlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah I briefly checked it out online, also looked at the bolt but I'm a taller guy at 6'3 200lbs and I think I would be more comfortable on a little taller seat height. And yeah I haven't heard any negative thing about the fz-07
Skip the FZ-07. My wife has one and at 6'3" and 190 lbs it is way too small for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question as I am still learning things...
Would something like the G2 throttle tamer make sense, and work for the xsr900?
The G2 simply changes the take up rate for the throttle cable. This is very helpful with some bikes that are not smooth at small throttle openings. It allows greater movement for smaller openings giving a bit better control. The XSR has a very linear throttle. By being so linear it makes control very easy.

I personally do not think it would help. It would make it less linear. Being very linear makes it very predictable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts