Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
You will be so much better off, and happier in the long run, if you start with a little less "bike".

At the end of the day, anyone can buy what they want, and your bike is an individual choice.

My two cents... Start off with a Twin under 700cc. Can't go wrong with either the fz07 or sv650. I don't know much about the ninja 650 but I'm sure its a fine machine. Any of these bikes are still plenty enough to get you in trouble on the street and a hoot to ride.

Your average non motorcycling cager doesnt know the difference between a 650 twin, a 900 triple, or a 1000 i4. If you're out to impress people you will find that most will compliment your bike no matter what you ride or they won't bat an eye. You will however get a chance to hone some skills and get familiar with the nuances of street riding (much different that street DRIVING).

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
I miss my SV. Love the cp triple but that twin engine will always have a soft spot for me. I kind of want one right now... If only I could convince the wife...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks. It's an 06 with only 18k miles on the odometer. Have it on Craigslist right now and I kind of loathe the idea that I have to sell it. It's fun.
I had a blue 05 650s fully faired. Fun for sure. Ended up selling it to a buddy of mine and he tracked it a time or two. He sold it.. And then saw the guy over on svrider forums laid it down just a few weeks later

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the response. Respect seems to be the buzz word for this bike.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
You've got a few seasons under your belt, you'll be fine. Its not that this bike or any other bike is that much of a beast that it will be unridable.. It's the combo of how unforgiving the bike can be plus road situations that cause the most concern... For example, stopped traffic mid corner, huge pothole mid corner, panic braking situation. These things will happen no matter what you ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts