Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I grew up with dirtbikes and atvs. My first motorcycle was a yahama r6 next bike was a Ducati I've ridden r1 and many other sport bikes. If you grew up with dirtbikes you can ride most bikes if you have a good head on your shoulders and learn your limits. With that said even a sport bike like an R6 is much easier to ride than a xsr900 the taller center of gravity make bikes feel more intimidating than lower center of gravity sport bikes. Handling is also more twitchy do to the light front end and low end Torque. The xsr900 is alot for a first bike. I honestly think even a liter bike sport bike is easier to learn on. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys,

So I have the opportunity to trade + cash for an XSR that already has an bunch of great mods. My question is similar to the OP's; is this too much bike for me? I have 2 seasons and about 2600 KM's of riding experience. I would be going from a 2015 KTM Duke 390 to the XSR. I'd like to get the forums thoughts on this before I pull the trigger as I think I have a really good deal.

Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
The bike is a rocket ship. If you know how to ride and respect it's power you will be fine. If you ride it like a maniac it will make you respect it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts