Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Registered
The "lens" is which part exactly? (just wanna make sure we're on the same page 馃槄) Also, would you have to disconnect the ribbon to do this. I. E. Remove the screen itself from the white plastic housing.

Registered
No just pull it up a bit do not have to disconnect anything and blow out the water under the lens

Registered
May as well show mine. Got it from colorclusterz, it looks black and white in the daytime and maybe a slightly purpleish tint at night which can be changed by dimming the backlight. It's extremely clear and the sheet was a perfect cut, not to mention there's no weird coloring. View attachment 158827
did you have to remove any sticky stock films inside the cluster? i'm thinking about doing this

Registered
Just want to follow up with this mod..... for anybody who did the LCD flip does it affect display in the sun? I tried the original red film on my dash and i could not see a thing in the sun due to the glare and had to take it off. Just purchased an LCD flip and was wondering if it's going to be the same output.

Let me know if you guys can see it clear during the daytime with no glare.

Registered
Yes I can see mine clearly in the sun and its set at dark blue .

Ok thanks for your reply.

I installed the red filter and it was just unbearable in the sun.... could not see ANYTHING. and had brightness all the way up too

41 - 48 of 48 Posts