Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start this so we can see all the new releases from Intermot 2014 in one thread.. It's happening in Cologne, Germany and many new machines are expected to be shown here...possibly the FJ09 too.

So far Yamaha has shown the MT07 MotoCage , the stunt variant of the MT07:

Yamaha also showed new XJR models as well:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sorry, but none of those are appealing to me at all. Retro style was never a multi-color theme, so Yamaha missed the boat on the styling. That FZ07 is hideous. Looks like it was designed in Northern Italy by 10 year old escapees from the nut house.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
personally i really dig the XJR - i'd be all over that as an alternative to something like a thurxton. Ditch the mirrors and put some clip ons on there - yes please.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sorry, but none of those are appealing to me at all. Retro style was never a multi-color theme, so Yamaha missed the boat on the styling. That FZ07 is hideous. Looks like it was designed in Northern Italy by 10 year old escapees from the nut house.
Yeah that 07 is kinda iffy- but for the XJRs, you mean, like this?

or this
?

XJRs were only in the 90s, right? Triumph had multi color themes too. Anywho, the XJR has a spot on the EU website now! But what the hell is happening with that side panel?!?!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
personally i really dig the XJR - i'd be all over that as an alternative to something like a thurxton. Ditch the mirrors and put some clip ons on there - yes please.
I really like the XJR too... but being a 1300, it's probably going to cost at least a couple thousand more than the Thruxton up here...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think the Kawasaki H-2R might be the first bike where a rider being too heavy might help a bike stay planted. How fast will a 300 HP motorcycle actually go?? Will the rider have to wear a helmet spoiler to generate enough down force to keep on the bike?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yup, BMW's big boxer in two forms. Not convinced about the R's giant cap on the teeny headlight...but hope this is not the realized version of the concept that they had shown for their roadster based on the boxer engine.

R1200R:

R1200RS:

The new 199bhp S1000RR:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts