I was poking around on DealerNews.com and happened upon some interesting highlights from Yamaha Dealers regarding Q1 of 2014. Check them out:
- The FZ09 and the Bolt have sent some people in the showrooms. About time.
- The new FZ09 and the Bolt are getting attention. We need new Star cruisers to help regain strength in the market.
- It was great getting the [2014 Bolt and FZ09] in dealers early, but supply was limited. By the time supply caught up, the demand had died down.
- Overall, the Yamaha lineup has a great reputation, and the new Yamaha models are doing okay. We do need a freshening on a few of their halo models, like the R6 and R1.
- Yamaha has some great models, but they are overpriced compared to the competition, and programs are horrible.
- Too many noncurrents. Lack of new, affordable, exciting product.
- Big bore bikes are not selling!
What do you guys think about all that?