Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FZ-09 looks like it will match my riding interest very nicely. I'm looking for a naked motorcycle larger than 500cc and have checked out a number of models including used models. However, I like everything I have read about the FZ-09 and have decided that checking it out very thoroughly in person must occur before purchasing any other motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
It's the bike that I wanted two years ago, and couldn't find. I ended up with an Aprilia DorsoDuro 750 and really enjoyed it. Then, the big announcement from Yamaha..........the FZ 09. DorsoDuro has been sold and the money is in the bank waiting to be applied to the FZ.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, you're all in. The 500cc rides (2013 Honda 500s, especially the CB500F) are great but just not different enough from what I'm currently riding (CBR250R) to make the expense of a trade worthwhile. I have looked at older CB900Fs (Honda 919) which are very tempting but for some reason just not quite the right ride. On paper and in pictures, the FZ-09 looks spot on. I am hoping to be as focused as you when the Yamaha comes out, and want to stay on top of the information as it comes out.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, you're all in. The 500cc rides (2013 Honda 500s, especially the CB500F) are great but just not different enough from what I'm currently riding (CBR250R) to make the expense of a trade worthwhile. I have looked at older CB900Fs (Honda 919) which are very tempting but for some reason just not quite the right ride. On paper and in pictures, the FZ-09 looks spot on. I am hoping to be as focused as you when the Yamaha comes out, and want to stay on top of the information as it comes out.
It is the same situation with me, currently on a cbr250 and the new cb500f looks tempting. I will wait until the season is over and decide.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts