Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The FIZZER CCT KIT is an economical, and immediate solution to the faulty Yamaha CCT. The kit consists of the following:

(1) Stainless Steel Set Screw M6 x 1.00 x 25
(1) Stainless Steel Flange Nut M6 x 1.00
(1) High Temperature (500F) Non Metallic Washer
(1) Set of Instructions

Cost is currently $10 shipped in the US.

CANADIAN ORDERS will incur a surcharge and will be sold at $13 SHIPPED

PLEASE SEND PAYMENT AS A GIFT

Beginning 4/25/14 we are offering same day fulfillment, or next day fulfillment on orders received after 12 noon eastern time!

Please PM me with your kit request, please include your address!
I will respond with your order #
Include order # with your payment method of choice.

Payment methods:
Paypal
Google Wallet
Send as a gift to: [email protected]

Here is a short video showing an operative CCT tensioner finding its set point. Note the bike is at operating temperature, because this causes the chain to tighten. I loosened the adjuster 3/4 turn, the rattle is apparent. Removing my finger from the wrench, the adjuster begins to adjust to its desired set point. This point is approximately 1/2 turn past the point where the rattle disappears. Now, if you have poor hearing, this is not a good gauge. However, as the adjuster tightens, the vibration through the wrench/adjuster becomes less. On a working CCT tensioner, the point that it seeks is where the vibrations disappear through the adjuster. No more, no less!

Your ears will fool you, use your tactile senses! The tensioner seeks approximately 1/2 turn past "quiet at idle".

My finger is applying verrrrry light pressure to the wrench, only to accelerate the process here. I am NOT applying force to turn the adjuster.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfG6uMAg5s

The staff:
Robert, age 4, is in charge of order fulfillment.
Paige, age 11, is part time, in charge of PR
Wifey, who is forever young, is in charge of quality control (see above), and shipping.
I just play all day on the forum.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Around $10 with shipping, your time etc. would be fair, I might go for it. I'm 3 weeks or so from my 2nd ride, haven't really been looking hard at the issue yet.

After looking at the video Travis posted of the set screw solution I wondered about using an ordinary bolt of a length to get the right adjustment and still be able to use a lock nut. I have a bolt with an overall length of about 35mm on hand, it's too long, the frame prevents you from screwing the bolt in. This week I'll try to pick up and test some shorter bolts.

If it works it isn't as elegant, but stainless metric bolts are more widely available than set screws.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said, this is for members, not for me. I do a lot with bulk hardware from various vendors, so it's easy for me to source items that will work. With a wife, kids, work, teaching, and my own bike to ride, I just cannot do it for free. I am simply not that virtuous.

If I get enough interest I will start with an initial run of 10-20 kits.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Interested as well.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm down

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm in. Haven't had the tick yet, but it sure wouldn't hurt to have it in the garage if I need it.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
196 Posts
Agreed, I'd be willing to pre-pay. My ticking just started, ever so slightly at 400 miles, so I've got time and would rather know that I'm getting exactly what I need to remedy the problem.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks like I have enough interest to do the first 10 or so.

Here is the logistical part. I'm a traveller, so I'm literally in my home 2-4 days and nights per week. I've already ordered the set screws, washers, not yet the nuts as I have been trying to find the most reasonable, reliable source.

This week I'm home for 2 days only, and the nuts will not be in my possession before I leave once again. In one weeks time I should have the components to complete 10 kits, and finally be in my home, all at the same time. At that time I can ship 10 complete kits.

For my own sanity, I have an inbox full of folks receiving FREE set screws from the Pay It Forward thread that I'm mailing this week, as those people have been waiting on my previous surplus of screws. PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING.

PM ME WITH YOUR ORDER REQUEST FOR THE FIZZER CCT KIT IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
CURRENTLY I WILL SEND ONE KIT PER MEMBER
INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
I WILL RESPOND WITH YOUR ORDER #1-10
I WILL ALSO SEND ALONG MY PAYPAL INFORMATION
SEND PAYMENT VIA GIFT AND INCLUDE YOUR ORDER # PLEASE

Due to my afore mentioned time constraints, each member will have basically one full week to complete the transaction before shipment is scheduled, 4/22/14.

I WILL PM YOU WITH THE PRICING ONCE YOU SEND YOUR REQUEST, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
My bike with 1000 miles ticks away in the 4k RPM range - I hate it - makes an awesome bike sound like a POS even if the sound is not hurting anything.

I would gladly pay a little extra if you post up step by step instructions for dummies on how to install and get the tension correct.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I honestly think Travis has posted a great video on how to just that, in the "I have a tick" thread. It's quite simple, and I think Travis made a video that puts the icing on the cake so to speak.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes interested. Thank you

1 - 20 of 159 Posts