Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna cut out some new intake screens at work between jobs... Was thinking of attempting to match the blurple or possibly the tank

Was curious if anyone has paint code and description that would be close match to either?

Tank= Metallic Gray? Code=???
Wheels= Blurple? Code=???

I know, embarrassing but painting has never been my strongest blue collar attribute, haha.

I will sand blast these and put a clear coat on after paint.. I'll take pics when they are done and installed.

image.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine got shipped right away, and got here quick (lived nearby). They where packaged very well(he wasn't kidding they are sharp). Love em, haven't taken pictures. Its subtle...but I'm all for making my bike looking more unique.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I researched the paint for this already, your looking at roughly $180 for 2 stage paint + clear coat to match the blurple. If you end up buying the paint please let me know.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Mine got shipped right away, and got here quick (lived nearby). They where packaged very well(he wasn't kidding they are sharp). Love em, haven't taken pictures. Its subtle...but I'm all for making my bike looking more unique.
Your welcome, if you notice, Jkaisers mesh is a bit different.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I researched the paint for this already, your looking at roughly $180 for 2 stage paint + clear coat to match the blurple. If you end up buying the paint please let me know.
180$ ?... Wow, i can let you know now i'm not pating for that, even if i can get a close match... I think they are far enough apart on the bike and would be viewed seperately for the most part unless wheel is cocked, ill try to find a nice auto rattle can then mat clear coat it, i still havent rules out the metallic gray either, ill skim around this weekend for options.

The 180 might be an investment for you as you are selling sets, im just throwing my own together, unless someone knows how to layout the fab of an exhaust... Maybe m4 exhaust isometric drawing someone could draw up and send me a picture, then ide probably make a set for that person as a thankyou ... Even smog blocker specs might be a deal.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
What do you need the m4 drawings for?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, installed the mesh pieces i cut to check the fit before i painted. Actually snagged a rattle can at home depot that looked close in a photo but was way off in real time... Might end up flat blacking or mettalic gray on them.

image.jpg

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
image.jpg

No luck matching blurple or metallic gray, so i flat blacked it and applied clear coat to match r&g rad guard... I really wanted a dofferent color but its still an upgrade imo

I take 1 more pic after install

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pattern doesnt match r&g rad guard but i'm gonna retrofit a sheet onto that rad guard at some point.
The guy who makes them for sale matches the stock one perfectly if anyone is looking for one.

I'm happy with the result, very easy mod, now i just need to have a rock kick up and nick rad guard to give me incentive to match the
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
image.jpg

Hmm, debating my next asthetic mod... Perhaps frame bars like the mv afusta brutale has.. I really dig those

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I contemplated using some larger diamond mesh (air filter backing) but then I thought about the bugs I'd have to clean out of the scoop...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Bugs in the scoop sound annoying, i wonder how it would look to put stock mesh behind the mesh i cut... Maybe i can paint the stock screen different color to add a 3d texture backing to ones i cut.

I actually just cut mesh that matches my rad guard, i like the ones i cut originally alot and plan to fabricate a new rad guard with that mesh but i will try to new ones with the stock ones behind it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I used a smaller hole mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks good brother, i dig the stripe on fly screen too, is that stock or did you carbon fiber yhe decals?... Also like seeing the high gloss black on fender, im playing with the idea of polishing up some of the black but im nervous i will regret it... I have an extra front wheel fender with the tiniest crack on it for the time i had one too many beers and forgot my disc lock.. Doh!... Maybe ill try the look out on it so decide if i wanna do rear fender and seat fairings or whatever they are called.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts