Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone else feels this way. I was never too fond of the Peter Rabbit/Mickey Mouse instrument panel/display on our FZ09's.

Small hard to read and off to one side. Looks like a one eared dog. What were the engineers thinking or smoking????????

Enter the FZ07 and those same engineers/rocket scientists got it right this time! Nice big panel and in the CENTER. Imagine that.

Would be nice it the one on the 07 would work on our 09's.

Sorry guys I just had to vent.:la:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would definitely prefer to have it in the center although I haven't used the 07 cluster so idk about which is better. I literally had a one eared dog that I loved to death haha. Now i guess I've had two 1 eared dogs.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I thought the display was odd at the very start, but quickly came to appreciate the off-center setup as part of the FZ-09's differences from so many other motorcycles.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It makes the bike unique but my rationnal side want it centered and not in the way of the ign switch.

The designer was a lefty handed maybe.:D

Reactions: kevinh

·
Registered
768 Posts
The only "issue" I have with mine is the display sits ever so high behind the black area above the tachometer. The numbers are slightly obscured. I'm not a tall person. So, the angle I view it isn't the problem.
Vehicle Car Auto part Technology Automotive exterior

Reactions: Thantos

·
Registered
612 Posts
I always figured they placed the display to one side to more easily accommodate a GPS or mobile phone attachment on the left side, but that's just a guess. I too would prefer the FZ-07 center display. I would also have preferred a traditional analog tach, which I feel is more easily read when going like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I definitely agree about the tach. Very difficult to know what your turning.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I just ignore the thing, the engine will let you know when the rev limit is reached, the other traffic will let you know if your going too fast. And I don't care for it either but the fix is to complicated to consider.

I'd rather have wire wheels that take radial tires, but that isn't happening either.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Maybe all that needs to happen is a slight angle adjustment. I've got some work to do on mine, need to file it a bit due to very light contact with my Fabbri screen after adding the GPR stabilizer, so I'll look into possibly tilting it back a bit.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Maybe all that needs to happen is a slight angle adjustment. I've got some work to do on mine, need to file it a bit due to very light contact with my Fabbri screen after adding the GPR stabilizer, so I'll look into possibly tilting it back a bit.
Let us know if you can get a few degrees of rearward tilt out of it without a crowbar. ;-)
-eddie

·
Registered
657 Posts
That bracket is a great idea, but puts the gauge too flat for my liking.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Because of the instrument gauge's abstract shape, it's never going to look symmetrical, even if it's shifted to the left. Have to say, at first glance I thought it was strange being off-centre, but I'm totally used to it now, and feel it actually adds to the styling of the bike.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts