Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some how, after refueling I messed with the buttons and inadvertently changed my speedometer to kph and I can't figure out how to get it back to mph. I got the average fuel consumption back to mpg from kpg but cant figure out how to fix the speedo. I reviewed (over and over again) the owner's manual to no avail. Feeling like an idiot!:BangHead:

Help me me obi wan kenobi.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi, Princess Leia!

Turn the key to the on position, no need to start the engine. Move to the "ODO" odometer display. Press and hold the 'select' button for about a second. That should do it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy now! This is off topic, but I was wiping down the blurple rims and to my surprise they were filthy. Now the blurple is popping again. That color hides dirt really well.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Glad to help. Per your original post, I believe the manual's instructions on this topic are awkwardly written/translated. I was trying to figure this out not long after purchase, and finding the right method was about one part reading the manual and two parts trial and error.

May the FZ be with you!

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
Happy now! This is off topic, but I was wiping down the blurple rims and to my surprise they were filthy. Now the blurple is popping again. That color hides dirt really well.
Put some WD40 on a rag and wipe down your rims every once in a while.
Just be careful not to get any on the actual tire!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eva, leave the speedo on Km/h and you will have racing speed without the tickets. ;)
Ha ha ha! That's how I discovered something was amiss. I look down and the speedo reads 125! I look at rpms, huh? then see kph. Too funny. My eyes immediately ck rpms, afraid that I had exceeded the recommended rpms during break in before 600 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts