Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these from a local member (they were sold and re-sold), but I didn’t receive any instructions.

Yamaha Engine Guards FZ 09 2014 | eBay

The two individual guards are shaped differently, and each guard has a rectangular shaped rubber insert that fits into the back of each guard. Besides the two guards, the rubber inserts and mounting bolts, I received an odd-shaped rubber object that I have no idea what to do with. Does anyone have the official instructions that they could share, or at least explain the mounting process and parts? I don’t have my bike yet to help figure this out, but I’m not sure that would help with the extra odd-shaped object. Thanks

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got some help from Kindsquid...thanks, but really....no one else has these case guards? Sure would like to see what the instructions said...can't believe they don't come with any. I tried searching for the directions themselves, but no luck. Do the small O-rings that are on the bolts...do they stay on, or are they there just to prevent the metal spacers from falling off prior to the install and thus should be removed during the install? That separate rubber part is a spacer, and my guess is that it goes on the left side, and probably fits with a part of the case profile...but again, its a guess.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
They work great from what I have seen and yes I have the Yamaha Case guards on my 09.

I am not sure if I kept the instructions, I will check tonight and see if I still have them.

Pic's of an engine for sale on ebay, that had the Yamaha case guards installed. From that you can see they did a good job of protecting the cases. I like them because they do not act like added insulation and trap heat in the engine cases.

engine3.jpg

engine2.jpg

SW-Motech.jpg

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey...I got the directions. It's four pages...went out to Ebay, found a seller and asked if they had it. And yea, the little rubber part is a spacer on the left side. Thanks Rocky for the help and offer, but I'm ok now.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Your welcome, there should be a rubber spacer on both side. At first they don't look all that solid, but after installing them and seeing the ebay pic's, I think they will work just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts