Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed these chain adjusters as part of my winter project for the bike. The difference between the 2017+ models and older ones is that the rear axle is longer, so you can't install these unless you have some sort of spacer because the threads are farther out. I went ahead and purchased the OEM axle from the older models, along with a brand new locknut and washer, and everything fit in well. Gave me a chance to clean the dust seals on the bearings and re-grease the axle.

It's so much easier to adjust the chain now, time will tell how well they hold up. And yes, the text is upside down, because the indentations on the adjusters would've had me install the axle in the opposite orientation, and I didn't wanna mess with it too much, as I don't know if there were any implications to that. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Sweet!
This is one of the best mods you can do.
No problem with installing the axle from the left side. In fact that's the way the early models are done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet!
This is one of the best mods you can do.
No problem with installing the axle from the left side. In fact that's the way the early models are done.
Awesome, didn't know the earlier models' axle was flipped, makes sense since these adjusters were made for them too. I'm gonna flip it around then just cuz I'm OCD that way.
Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have a '15 and flipped my CKO's like you did, because the marks are so hard to read when they are on the top. I did leave the axle nut on the right side.

Ride Save

1 - 4 of 4 Posts