Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips on installing bar end mirrors? I bought the bikemaster 7/8" bar end adapters and a pair of clamp on bar end mirrors and the adapter does not seem to be fitting inside of the handlebars. I'll gladly accept any tips to help me with this install and I can post pictures if necessary.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there away that the parts I already possess can work?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It would be infinitely easier to help if we had pics of what you're working with... I for one, have no idea what the Bikemaster bar end adapters look like or come with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The link suggests that those are for a Honda. Did you order Yamaha specific ones? They look as if they're designed to expand inside the bars as the Allen is tightened. They might be too big to fit inside the FZ bars as the OEM ones are designed to thread into the bars. I bought the RhinoMoto bars ends specific for the bike and while a bit more expensive, they fit perfectly. Sometimes, unfortunately, you get what you pay for. It might be difficult to fit them in past the threading on the stock bars and even if you can, they may not tighten up enough to be really secure. Best of luck...

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Bike Master bar ends are good quality but they won't fit the FZ-09. If I'm not mistaken, they come in sizes for 22mm and 1" bars. You'd have to buy new handle bars or bore out the OEM bars for them to fit. Also, you lose the weight of the OEM bar ends. With the RhinoMoto bar ends, you keep the weight and they fit like OEM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I'm just going to be patient and do my research from now on. I will let the money that I spent on them be a lesson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts